Chapter 28:

Kate turns red and glares at me whiles the crowd laughed.
"I did let the cat out of the bag"Kate says and the whole place goes quiet.

" Congratulations then! "I say with fake enthusiasm.

Kate groans.
" She's joking around! She knows all that I said was true! Don't listen to her"she yells to the crowd.

"Oh Kate Kate Kate! Just chill okay? Why are you working yourself up right now? We haven't been through half of the day and you're like this? I bet when you get to that half you're going to collapse" I say with a snort and the crowd laughs making Kate snort.

"You are pathetic! You think you can win them over with your stupid jokes?" Kate yells.

"Miss Sanders what is going on! I could hear your voice from up there" the principal says and Kate smiles sheepishly.

The students disperse and I exhale heavily walking away. Alec walks up to me.

"Hey Nikki" he said casually
He looked cute in a yellow t shirt, dark jeans and simple sneakers. His light brown hair was gelled and his amber irises shone.

"Hey Alec" I reply with my voice breaking.
"Is it true? All that Sanders said?" He asks.
I look at his face. I couldn't decipher his expression but I nod nevertheless.

"Oh ummm.....sorry! No one would wish for that" he says apologetically

I nod and wipe a tear.
"Its okay! I can manage" I reply.
Alec hugs me and I hide my face in his shoulder as he rubs my back to console me.

"Err hem" someone coughs and we look up to see Jake. I was hoping my friends would be here! But I guess they are upset.

"Hey Jake" I say but he has his gaze fixed on Alec.
"Hey Nikki! Who is he?" He asks.
"Hey man! I'm Alec Russell. The school's star soccer player" Alec introduces and stretches his hand.

Jake shakes it.
"I'm Jake Winters! The newbie" Jake replies with annoyance in the edge of his voice.
Was he jealous of Alec? Or he didn't like him.
"Oh yeah! You were the one who played the judge at that dancing competition" Alec says and chuckles a bit.

"Yeah" Jake says.
"Nice to meet you" Alec says sweetly.
"I'll see you later Nikki" Alec says with a wink and walks away confidently.

Jake looks at me pointedly.
"What?!" I deadpan.
He sighs and softens.
"I heard all that Kate said and I know its true" he spits.
I nod.
"Oh Nikki! I saw this coming" Jake says concerned
"It has arrived" I state miserably.

Jake sighs.
"Right now, you need to be extra cautious" he says and I nod.
"Which class do you have first?" Jake asks.
"Calculus" I reply.
"I also have the same class! Let's go" he says with a small smile and we walk to class together.

We enter the class and I spot Alec and Aaron talking. Troy was behind them with Kimberly. As for Danny, he was at at home cos he got suspended.

Alec gives  me a reassuring smile when he sees me and I return it. He was really nice. Aaron was still surprised with what happened and Troy just gave me a small wave. I took a deep breath and sat down. Jake sat beside me.

"Okay, welcome to class students! Its a brand new week which means brand new life and topic" our calculus teacher announces.

"So let's get started" he adds and the class begins.
I try as much as possible to pay attention.
He asks a few questions and I answer some. Alec got most of them right and he earned a glare from Jake. He is the Doctor of calculus! Everyone knows that but I think Jake thinks he's showing off.

"Okay so can someone solve this question on the board for me?" Our teacher asks.
We all look at it and it scares the hell out of me. Especially with some symbols! I was familiar with them but I didn't like them.