Chapter 23:

Nicole POV
Its finally Saturday and am happy. Its for only one reason! Because I'll be going back to school this week! Oh God! I missed school so much. I just spent two weeks in the house and it seems like I spent years!

Tonight, Trina and I will be going to Troy's party. Am also glad Jake didn't even step foot in this house to try and apologise to me even though I wished he did. But I guess he had too much ego to do that!

At least I'm quite satisfied that we wouldn't see each other again even though I'll meet him in school! But we'll keep our distance. Its like I miss him in a way but I don't want to believe that!

"Nicole! Are you ready?" Trina asks at the doorway
"Almost" I reply.
Since we had nothing to do, Trina and I decided to go and swim at the backyard.

I take my black and white bikini and my black towel. Then I exit my room with Trina. Mom and dad were in the hall watching a TV series
Trina and I infiltrate into the backyard.
"I can't wait to swim!" Trina announces and I chuckle.
She puts on her sea blue bikini and dived into the water. She resurfaces with her hair wet.

"Come on Nicole! The water is warm" Trina yells.
I put my bikini on and dive into the water. She was right! It was warm.
She splashed water in my face and chuckles.
I splashed even more in her face. We were both chuckling.

"So how are you and Mason now?" I ask when we were done chuckling.

"Well, we are kind of friends now! But he still has his eyes on his crush" Trina says sadly.

"That girl wouldn't budge?" I groan and Trina laughs.
"I think they are meant to be together" Trina says with a shrug.

"But thanks for your help anyway! I've learnt a lot from you in terms of fashion" she adds and I smile proudly.

"I've been so busy this week with Mason that I forgot to ask you about Jake! What's going on? Cos I know I've missed a lot" Trina spits and I'm a little bit upset.

"Things are okay Trina" I lie
"Mmm! I see!" Trina says.

"So are you guys still friends or more than friends now?" Trina asks.
"We are just friends" I lie.

"Its like you are not being honest with me! Did something happen between the two of you again? Cos you don't feel comfortable talking about him" Trina asks furrowing her eyebrows at me.

I laugh.
"Oh Trina! I'm telling you the truth! Nothing happened! Everything is alright" I lie.
"Really?" Trina asks
"Yeah" I lie again

I watch as she gets out of the water.
"Wait here! Am coming" she says and dashes into the house.
She comes back with my phone.
"What's this then?" She asks showing me thirteen missed calls from Jake.
"Oh umm. Have you been going through my phone Trina?" I scold trying to divert the question.

"Well erh! I just saw it" she says and I snatch my phone from her.
"Don't go through my phone again" I scold her and she nods.

"Okay, now answer my question! Why do you have thirteen missed calls from Jake if you guys have no problem? You're a bad liar Nicole!" Trina spits and I groan.

"Well, my phone was on silent mode so I didn't hear it ring! But I called him back" I lie.
Trina narrows her eyes at me.
"I don't believe you!" She spits.

"Believe whatever you want! This is ridiculous!" I say completely annoyed and get out of the pool.

"Where are you going?" She asks
"To my room! And I want to be alone! Don't come there" I reply and dry myself with my towel before changing into my original outfit.