Chapter 72:

Jake follows suit and comes to sit beside Kimberly. He actually wanted to sit beside me but when he saw the flowers on the chair, he plopped down on the chair next to Kimberly.

Melissa still has tears streaming down her face and I wonder if she would talk when I ask her what really happened that night. But I muster courage and wipe my cheeks.

"Melissa, since you are the.....the only witness( sniff) can you give us......a....I mean....can you tell us what really happened"I say in my rough and scratchy voice.

Melissa sniffs as everyone have their eyes fixated on her.
" it....it all ha....happ....(crying)"Melissa begins but bursts into tears again and Claire hands her a tissue.

"It all happened so fast" Melissa finally says taking in a deep breath making the heavy weight on her chest diffuse.

We all urge her to continue.
"Aaron came up to me at the party hall........he was furious and he told me he wanted to go home or else he would create a scene if he stays longer"

My stomach flutters as I listen. He was furious because of me.
"I asked him the reason why he was ....(sniff) he was in such a bad mood but he just told me he doesn't want to talk about it"

I see Jake shift slightly in his seat.
"So he told me to come with him and that....he wanted me to be with him at that moment and I followed but he was drunk"
I swallow a thick saliva and continue to listen.

"We went to the parking lot and Aaron told me to get in his car. He said he is taking me home....(sniff)  I didn't like the idea that he was going to drive home drunk but I couldn't drive the car anyways so I just hopped in knowing he is a careful driver"

Melissa takes a gulp of her Chocolate drink in front of her as we all watched her.
"He began driving recklessly and he was somehow dozing off. I got scared"

I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat.
"And when we got to the high way, his recklessness became excessive and then before I realised it, we had crashed into a double decker bus. The car somersaulted"

We all gasp in unison.
"And then everything went blank and .....when I woke up, I had a few wounds and my body ached with pain. And then when I recovered, I was stupefied to know that Aaron is dead" she concludes with fresh tears soaking her cheeks.

I feel tears trickle down my cheeks too and I place the apple in my satchel. I just lost my appetite. I am to blame. Its my fault! I was so careless!

"That is strange because Aaron hardly gets furious! Especially on Halloween!" Troy suggests.

"I wonder what got him so upset to the extent that he got drunk" Alec states and I feel guilty the more.

"I don't know! " Melissa says

"Its very strange. There is  something missing " Danny speaks up frowning slightly

"Yes because he was very happy when I saw him at the party" Kimberly adds up.

"What if it was Tigress?"Danny says in realisation happy he finally got the clue but Jake and I know very well it wasn't her.  It was us! I know they will be disappointed in me if I confess it.

" Tigress? No I don't think so! Besides, he was happy after we all quitted and when I announced 'let's go party', he exclaimed with us"Kimberly points out.

"Yeah you're right" Danny says

"But its possible that Tigress could have upset him after that! Maybe she did something" Claire spits.

"Yeah, maybe"

"Who is Tigress?" Jake asks confused.
"Tigress is just a Kentwood History psychopath who gave a lot of trouble and was the first female alpha before Nikki" Alec spits and I chuckle a bit. He called her a psychopath?