Chapter 13:

Jake POV
My eyes snap open and the hall in my apartment was bright. Its a Wednesday morning. I got up from the couch lazily and walked to the kitchen. My brain is still mushed up from yesterday's encounter with my dad. I cooked some pancakes to eat. I grabbed a porcelain plate from the cabinet, it slips from my hands and  it lands on the floor shattering into pieces  with a loud clinking noise.

"Fuck!" I blurt looking at the broken pieces on the floor. I rub my face tiredly. My head aches and I feel weak.
I take the broken pieces from the floor and it cuts my thumb! I grimace in pain and quickly turn the faucet in the kitchen and leave the cold water to wash the blood and make the pain subside.

I remove my thumb and turn off the faucet. I take a band aid from one of the drawers in the kitchen and place it on my thumb. It hurts a bit but i try to manage the pain.I don't know why but I'm not this clumsy in the mornings.
I sweep the broken pieces and dump them in the trash can. I sigh. That plate was my favourite! Now its gone!
I pick another porcelain plate and place my pancakes on it. I pick it up together with a glass of milk.

I place them on the dining  table. Then I went to the bathroom and took a shower and brushed my teeth. I got dressed in a red t-- shirt and dark jeans and black sneakers
I walked back to the dining hall with my hair tousled then I ate my breakfast. I looked at the time on the wall clock and its thirty minutes past nine. School starts at eight and I'm now sitting here having my breakfast. I guess i slept too much. I don't think I can make it to school today. I'll just call Kate  to send me our assignment.

After eating, I washed the plate and got back to the hall. I found a shattered bottle of vodka on the tiled floor. I remembered what happened. I swept the broken pieces and place them in the trash can.
I then walked into the hall and turned on the TV set. My favourite program comes on but I don't pay attention
My mind keeps on hovering around my encounter with my dad.  The more I think about it, the  more my head aches. I walk to the kitchen and get some pills to subside the headache. Then I came back to the hall.

Nicole POV:
Its nine thirty in the morning. Tigress says she's picking me up at ten. I'm already dressed up in a round neck purple fitting dress and purple flat shoes.
I grabbed my make up kit and put on some light makeup. I joined my family in eating breakfast so I wasn't hungry. I took my phone out. There were no texts nor missed calls from anyone. I wonder what's up with everyone. Its a long time I heard from Jake. I wonder what he's doing at this hour. I feel like calling him. I dial his number about to call when Tigress interrupts me with her call. I look on the wall clock and its ten already. I pick up
"I'm here" she says and hangs up
I roll my eyes and walk out of my room into the hall. I don't know why she needs me as an escort to wherever we are going to! I get out through the front door and lock it with my spare key. Tigress's orange sports car was parked in front. Luckily, I had my shades on today.
I walked confidently and sat in the car.
"Good morning Tigress" I say to her.
"Morning Nikki! Thank you so much for agreeing to come with me" she says. I notice her outfit for the first time. She's in a plain white tee shirt and a pair of blue shorts. Her hair was still orange and neck length
"Its my pleasure Tigress" I reply and she smiles.
She moves the car into the road with music blasting in the car. It was a kind of rock music and I didn't like it. Tigress on the other hand was enjoying it really.

After an hour of being in the car listening to a blasting rock music, we appeared in a neighborhood. It was quite different. The road was bumpy and the houses were not so nice like the ones in our neighborhood. Tigress parks her car and puts the engine off. She exhales heavily
"We are here" she announces and picks up a huge bundle of cash from the drawer in her car.
"Wait in the car! I'll be right back" she says and gets down. I watch her walk to a car with a man standing beside it. Other men were walking around having stern looks on their faces. They look dangerous and scary. I wonder what they are up to. She gives the man the bundle of cash and in turn he gives her a large paper bag.
She takes it and nods before walking back to the car. She opens the door and enters the car. She throws the paper bag at the back seat and drives on.
"What's that? And what just went on over there?" I ask curiously
"Its just a transaction" Tigress says with a smirk.
"I brought you here because I didn't really trust those men. I was afraid they could do something to me." She admits and I'm surprised. Tigress is afraid? But I admit I was also scared of them.