Chapter 42( Unedited)

Start from the beginning

A tingle went down my spine as he put his hand on my bare thigh to catch attention. I removed it and still didn't divert my eyes from the window. I could  feel his eyes drilling holes at me but I don't care and not scared.

"Lia" He whispered lowly. He has to know no amount of threat or pleading will make me talk to him.

Before he can try more, I start a conversation with couple.

"So how many years have you been together?" I asked them.

Peter turned around hold his wife's hands.
"53 years and forever to go." Kissing the ring finger of his wife, he smiled at us.
So wonderful.

"We got married when we were quite young. Me, 18 and he was 19. But it was perfect, we were so in love and also I got pregnant with our first daughter."

"How many kids do you have?" I asked.

"3. Two daughters and one son."Peter smiled lovingly.

"We also have two grandchildren."I could hear the joy in Linda's voice as she mentioned it.

"That's quite amazing." I admired them.

I glanced at Ezron, he was too looking at them.

"Do you have any kids?" Linda  directed the question at us.

"Actua-"  Before I could answer her Ezron pulls me closer putting his arms around my shoulder.

"Yes we have 4 kids and 5th on the way." What the hell is he talking about? I looked up at him to find him smiling lovingly at me, but that didn't hide the playfulness behind his eyes. What an actor!!

I smiled tightly at the couple.
"Congratulations Lia" Linda glanced at my still flat belly before looking up at me with a smile. I didn't have the heart to break the lie.

I know he is doing this to get my attention. I glare at the father of my nonexistent children.

But you do want him to be the father of your future kids.

My mind interrupted.Shut up, I really am trying to control my emotions here. I want to stay upset with him.

"You must really be in love with her son." Ezron stiffened and so did I. He does not even have a romantic feeling for me.Why would he-

"Can't keep my hands off her." And this is the second time I stiffen with shock as smooth lips land on my cheek taking my breath away.

If I was shocked, I didn't show it on my face. He kissed me on the cheeks for the very first time. I suppressed the big grin  coming up on my face as he was still staring at me. I didn't have the strength to look him in the eyes. I knew those grey pools will melt me like sugar.

"God bless you and your family. And also that little peanut." I suddenly felt Ezron's hand on my belly caressing it. I don't if he is acting or real. Even though there is no baby, still the feelings felt real. The longing soul in me dared to hope to have this in near future with him...

I looked up at the man I am so in love with. He is staring outside the window. The breeze caressed his smooth black locks. His stubble shining in sun rays.What a sight to behold... I slowly find myself realxing in his arms. Just for a little moment.

" You have reached your destination." Linda announced as she stopped the car at the side of tree trails.

We got out of the car and got our bags.
"Thankyou so much Linda and Peter. It was pleasure meeting you." I say gratefully smiling at them.

"Here" A hand with few bills of 100 went past me offering the old couple. What is he doing?

Peter looked at the money before back at Ezron with a scowl.