Dumb and Dumber

"So you like him too, right?"

Beomgyu tears his gaze from Taehyun who's making Bingsoo, the Yeonjuneez accompanying him, for the little orphanage kids. He looks at the new presence, standing in front of him as he's seated on the side-benches, before them the kids are playing a not-so-abided-by rules baseball game.

The little girl with a pink dress takes her seat beside the confused Beomgyu. As the male registers what she asked earlier, his face grimaces.

"Too? Who else does?" He asks back, causing the girl to roll her eyes.

"He likes you, dumbo! And you like him too"

Beomgyu's eyes crinkle as he smiles shyly. "How d-do you know?"

"He showed me your picture last year! He couldn't stop talking about you the whole time he was here"

Indeed, Taehyun had visited Busan last year when it was their short Autumn vacation, because he wanted to see the fireworks. At that time, they were dating too and Beomgyu remembers the night before he left very well, he couldn't stop clinging on to the younger for the whole time even if Taehyun said it was only for a few days.

"Yeah? What did he say?"

The girl thinks for a minute. "He said that you're a hyung he looks forward to. He said you always make him flustered because you're cute, like, it's not just about your face, he loves your personality too. And you always care for him"

The ash-blonde just hums sadly, eyes fixed on Taehyun. Their eyes meet and Beomgyu just smiles, making the latter look away. But he still keeps his eyes on him.

"I told him that he should confess to you"

Beomgyu cranes his neck towards her, his eyes begging her to continue.

"...He said that one day if he manages to be better than who he is now, you guys will be together"

The ash-blonde exhales a deep breath, massaging his temples and mutters a low "Dummy"

The girl scoffs, "Exactly! Both of you are one dumber than the other! I mean it's so clear that you like him. He even said that he wishes to see the fireworks with you someday"

"Oppa?" She calls when he just keeps staring at Taehyun without saying anything, causing him to hum again. "Why don't you confess first?"

Beomgyu smiles, looking at her. "Sure! I will. And this time, I won't disappoint him"

The girl looks at him in confusion but then he asks, "What's your name?"

"I'm Bunhong! Taehyunnie oppa gave me that name since I love pink", she answered, swaying her dress.

"And my name-"

"You're Beomgyu oppa, I know. Taehyunnie oppa has talked about you so much that I feel like I've known you since forever" she finishes, rolling her eyes but with a teasing smile.

Beomgyu laughs loudly. He doesn't know if he's so happy to converse with Bunhong or to know that Taehyun loved to talk about him.

***

Yeonjun looks at Hueningkai and nods before clearing his throat to catch Taehyun's attention.

"So, Hyunnie....umm where's Soobinnie btw?"

Hueningkai rolls his eyes before Taehyun answers, eyes fixed on the shaved ice, "He and Yoongi hyung love to teach the kids inside the orphanage. I also do the same and usually Jimin hyung is the one to make bingsoo. I just wanted to switch today"

Yeonjun nodded and smiled awkwardly, looking at Hueningkai who's jerking his head towards the brunette with wide eyes, signaling him to start the conversation.