Pathetically In Love

The same afternoon they were all supposed to visit an orphanage where Taehyun used to play before because he didn't have any siblings or friends. Well, at first it was just supposed to be Jimin taking Taehyun out for a walk but then he thought why not take all of them. And so, they were all getting ready.

Beomgyu finished first and went up to Taehyun's room immediately to check if he was done too. But the sight in front of him was alluring.

Taehyun was soundly sleeping on the bed, making butterflies flap inside Beomgyu's belly. He had a strong urge to head down to inform Jimin about the cancellation of their activity but before that he found himself sitting beside the sleeping figure, gently stroking the brown hairs.

"I should probably go and inform them", he mumbles to himself before preparing to leave. But his mind stops when he hears sniffles– soft sniffles.

He blinks quite a few times, trying to find the source of the sound and when he finally looks at Taehyun, his heart drops.

Taehyun is crying in his sleep.

He wonders why.

Is it a nightmare? And what should I do?

That's when Yoongi's words seep into his mind.

'Hug him, comfort him and say sweet things to him. Make sure to make him feel safe with you.'

He takes a deep breath and looks at Taehyun's tear-stained cheeks, his quivering lips and shuddering shoulders. But he needs to calm himself before trying anything.

Slowly he leans forward and takes the younger in his arms, with his head on his shoulders, Beomgyu pats his back and sways him.

"Tae! It's okay. Hyung is here for you", he whispers but Taehyun is still whimpering. Beomgyu rocks him side-to-side and whispers sweet nothings in his ears. He pats the younger's back and then after a while, when Taehyun is finally calming down he draws soft circles.

It doesn't take Beomgyu that long to soothe the other as soft snoring fills in the room, making him smile to himself. He slowly takes the other's head, placing it in the plush pillow before looking at the younger.

Angel. You're an angel!

He leans forward to move some of Taehyun's bangs from the way and places a peck there but once he's about to move, he can't. Taehyun's little hands hold his waist, preventing him to inch away. He finds himself smiling again when he looks at the younger fondly.

The pretty eye-lids, his fluttery eye-lashes are much clearer to him now. Shamelessly, his eyes land on the pair of lips, slightly parted.

Beomgyu slowly leans forward to press their foreheads together, noses rubbing.

"I miss kissing you", he whispers. "But I can wait until you want it too"

He shuts his eyes, basking in the other's presence. It's quiet and peaceful for some moments. What he didn't expect is, suddenly getting pushed away, making him open his eyes in surprise.

Taehyun sits up, hugging himself as his cheeks are flushed pink and covers himself with the comforter.

"What....What were you trying to do?" he asks breathlessly, looking anywhere but Beomgyu.

The older blinks, registering the question.

"It's not what you think, Taehyun", he reaches forward, only for the other to move deeper into the pillows which makes him stop because he doesn't want to scare the other.

"Tae, I swear I wasn't doing something weird", he explains. "You were crying so, I was just comforting you. I really didn't-"

"Why should I believe you? You're always telling me lies", Taehyun spits.