Numb

WARNING: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of panic and pain. If this triggers you, please DO NOT READ.

~~~~~~~~~

"Taehyun! Wait", Beomgyu calls out louder. He has been chasing Taehyun for what seems like ages but the younger is still keeping his pace fast.

"Just listen to me. It's not what you think", Beomgyu tries to elucidate when he sees Taehyun totally not giving up.

But this time Taehyun stops, his legs aren't that strong right now.

"Then what is it?", Taehyun asks, facing the older. Hurt clearly visible in his eyes.

Beomgyu braces himself before speaking. "I was going to reject her nicely. I was just too shocked at her words to-"

"You could've just pushed her away", the brunette utters and then starts to take small steps towards the older.

"She's my friend, Taehyun" Beomgyu emphasizes. "I can't do that", he shakes his head while looking at the younger's eyes.

"And I'm your boyfriend, hyung", the younger speaks louder, his voice rickety.

"Hush!" Beomgyu's eyes widen as he puts his index finger on his lips, he comes closer to the younger and grabs his arm while glancing around them. "What's wrong with you?"

"Me? What's wrong with you? You are the one who is completely ignoring me and the next thing I see is you're kissing someone else", Taehyun bellows on the verge of crying.

"I understand that Noona likes you and you don't want to ruin your friendship but what about me?", he goes on before the ash-blonde has a chance to speak and holds his hands.

"Hyung, I didn't behave this way when Sewoon confessed to me. You saw it ri-"

Beomgyu yanks away his hands. "Because he wasn't your friend. He was just a random shithead. How would you even understand it?" Somehow, the question makes Taehyun flinch. Maybe, he just simply didn't want to understand it.

The older notices him getting lost and tries to speak in a calm manner. "I'm sorry but I didn't mean it that way. Shin-ae came here to seek help, she needs to mend her broken heart. I can't just push her away like that to break her even more"

"But what about me, hyung? Do I not matter to you at all?", Taehyun asks, finally letting his tears fall.

"You do, okay? Why do you keep asking me the same thing again and again? What should I do to make you believe my words?", Beomgyu fumes in slight anger.

Taehyun goes silent for a moment.

"K-Kiss me"

"What!?, Beomgyu snaps, thinking if he heard wrong.

"Kiss me right now, right h-here", Taehyun answers, hanging his head low. "Kiss me the way you-"

"Stop", Beomgyu cuts in coldly, raising his hand.

"Hyung ple-"

"I said, stop right there, Kang Taehyun", he berates looking nowhere which makes the younger bite his lips.

"You don't care about me the way you care about others", the words slip off the younger's tongue as he comes closer. "Is it really that hard to accept me in front of the world? Is dating me that shameful?", he puts his head on the older's shoulder.

"If that's what you want, then I'm sorry, Taehyun", the older grabs the brunette by his arms and makes him stand straight. "I can't give you that"

And before the younger can say something, Beomgyu's words shatter his soul into pieces.