Coward

Three nights of mindlessly staying in Taehyun's room had to take a toll on Beomgyu. At first, he was scolded by Yeonjun for not being back to Soobin's house that night, moreover not informing them about his stay. He knew Soobin would oppose the idea so he quickly revealed that he wasn't forcing Taehyun to sleep with him or something like that and because the brunette didn't actually make a fuss about it, Soobin was okay.

He noticed the little bags under his eyes that he's rewarded for staying with the younger. But he isn't sad about that, rather it hurts him to see Taehyun wake up crying every other hour and treat his nose, fumbling on his feet and sometimes tripping but always shoving away Beomgyu if he offers to help.

"Tae, let me help you please? I'm here to take care of you", Beomgyu said, trying to make the other stand.

Taehyun moved his hands away. "No need"

"Stop being so stubborn" Beomgyu defeated the other, pulling him by his waist to pick him up bridal style as he made his way to the bed.

"I don't want you to see my miserable state. Please stop staying here, stop making me feel so small", the brunette mumbled, tugging the comforter to cover himself.

Beomgyu smiled at the blob, realizing why Taehyun kept it a secret. Caring about others more than himself was a personality trait of him. He knew Beomgyu wouldn't be able to take it but he didn't want his condition to be the reason for the older's headache. All of this just made Beomgyu guilty more than he was. Without further pushing, because he wanted to respect the other, he ruffled Taehyun's hair and went back to his position.

Only to shot open his eyes after who knows when to see Taehyun doing the same drill, making his heart clench again.

***

"Ouch!", Beomgyu shrieks as he slightly cuts his index finger while slicing the meat.

Yoongi left the kimchi batter he was combining and went to his side immediately. "Aish! Beomgyu! This is your third cut. Give it a rest now!", the shorter exclaims, holding the other's finger.

"Haha it's no big deal", Beomgyu pulls back, laughing nervously, sucking the cut and showing it to Yoongi. "See it's just a minor cut, nothing serious"

Yoongi shrugs and tells him to be more careful before they continue making breakfast. It's the weekend so Yoongi and Jimin both are home today.

"Is there something I can do to ease him down?", Beomgyu asks suddenly.

Yoongi thinks for a while before he nods, "Hug him, comfort him and say sweet things to him. Make sure to make him feel safe with you. It'll take some days but it'll work"

Beomgyu smiles and nods, taking a good note.

"Taehyunnie look! Beomgyu has made you tofu stew for breakfast", Jimin happily passes the dish as Yeonjun, Hueningkai and Soobin watch Taehyun hopefully.

"I don't want it", Taehyun moves it away and reaches for the Kimchijeon Yoongi made.

"Why? You love it, don't you?", Jimin still asks happily, only for Taehyun to ignore him.

"It's... it's fine. Should I help you?", Beomgyu pries as he reaches for the rice bowl. The younger quickly shakes his head and helps himself, leaving everyone in the room feeling dejected.

Beomgyu looks down at the little cuts in his hands, sighing heavily. Looking up, he smiles sadly when he meets Jimin's eyes.