Closer

Everyone gathered up at Hueningkai's house. They bought their extra clothes, snacks, games and whatnot. It was their regular boys' night out, nothing too fancy.

All of them are busy doing different tasks. Hueningkai and Beomgyu are picking up movies and setting the home theater together in the living room. Taehyun is taking out the food and snacks in the kitchen counter which is across the living room. Yeonjun is preparing the games on the living room table and Soobin is making a blanket fort for them to be cozy.

Beomgyu and Hueningkai are literally fighting over which movie to watch until they hear a somewhat-loud sound as if something broke.

"Ouch", Taehyun cried out, his voice high-pitched.

Beomgyu didn't even waste a millisecond and rushed towards the brunette before anyone even got the hold of what actually happened.

"Taehyun-ah, what happened?", worry visible in Beomgyu's face.

"Oh, I uh, I was trying to get that plate out but couldn't get hold of it and got distracted. It fell on the counter, it broke and I accidentally hurt my hand. I'm really sorry, Hueningkai, I caused trouble", Taehyun answered as now all four of them gathered around him.

Before Hueningkai could assure that it wasn't a big deal, Beomgyu burst in anger, "Yaa! Why weren't you careful? Now look what you've done to your hand. It's bleeding. Let me see'', Beomgyu grabbed his hand and started to look properly.

Something about Beomgyu holding his hands in front of their friends gave both of them butterflies but no, you couldn't tell that by seeing their faces.

"Ah no it's okay, hyung. It isn't that deep so I'll take care", Taehyun assured while trying to pull away his hand slightly.

"No!" The older grabbed his hand tighter. "I'll be the one taking care. You're becoming reckless day by day, Taehyun. What if something bad happened, huh?", Beomgyu gave a good scolding. But he didn't know that Taehyun actually liked him being protective. It will slowly slowly fall in place, he smiles himself.

"Ningning, where is the first aid?"

"Aahh you can take him to that room. There you will find everything you need on the cabinets", Kai pointed out a small room on the second floor. "Should I come with you and help too?", the curly head asked offering help to which obviously Beomgyu responded in the negative.

The hyungs didn't say anything because they totally agreed with Beomgyu. Taehyun seemed a little too distracted nowadays and of course they would give a good hearing about not being careful. They just know that Beomgyu was right but don't know that the reason is also the ash blonde male.

Beomgyu grabbed Taehyun's arm and led to the room, closed the door and sighed softly.

Yes, he wanted to spend some time with Taehyun, it's true. But he's also aware of the injury. So he made Taehyun sit on the sofa and searched the cabinets for some antiseptic, bandage rolls, cottons and whatever they would need. He came and took a seat beside Taehyun. He reaches for Taehyun's hand and starts to clean with the anti-septic.

"Slowly, hyung", Taehyun hissed.

"Aahh sorry", Beomgyu just didn't want to hurt the younger.

When they are almost done Beomgyu pulls Taehyun's injured hand to his lips and places a soft kiss. "Does it still hurt?"

"This doesn't hurt me. You know it doesn't. So shouldn't we talk about the reason you brought me here?"

Smart. Beomgyu sighed. "Taehyun, hey, I'm sorry for earlier okay? I..I got scared at that moment and hastily pulled away from the hug because we were in public", Beomgyu said while holding Taehyun's left hand, which wasn't injured, now both of Taehyun's hands on his.

"You can hug me all you want right now" but Taehyun doesn't want to hug his boyfriend in a closed room. He wants the world to see how much he loves him. Sure he understands how hard it is for Beomgyu and he also acknowledges the improvements in his behavior. But they're dating over a year now. And he wants to come out before it's too late. He's just scared that-

Beomgyu pulls Taehyun in his arms interrupting the thoughts in his mind. He rests his one hand on the back of the younger and the other hand rubbing his head. He knows how much Taehyun loves this action.

Both the boys stay like that, not moving an inch. It's pretty difficult to have a moment like this. Sure Beomgyu loves Taehyun a lot. He's always the caring one. He had those fears of coming out and facing those stares and all but whenever Taehyun needed him, he would throw away everything and pull the younger in his arms. He was trying his best to live in this moment, wishing that it would never end. He buried his face on the younger's neck. Gosh, he smells so huggable that I don't wanna let go any sooner.

Taehyun closed his eyes to take in the feeling. He missed it so much. They were just like that for maybe a whole minute. He wrapped his arms around the older's neck. It was all good until he heard a voice, a muffled one.

"He would never do that in front of others"

"You're not worth it"

"He'll leave you on your own very soon, mark my words"

Taehyun snapped his eyes open and pushed away Beomgyu causing him to stare at the younger, blinking rapidly.

"Hyunie, what happened?", Beomgyu asked while trying to touch the younger's shoulders.

"It's nothing, hyung. Uhh..w-we should get going", Taehyun replied while getting up from the sofa to leave. The older isn't having it. Is he still upset? Beomgyu thought for a second and suddenly grabbed Taehyun's hand from behind and stood up.

He kept his grip gentle. "Come to me". Taehyun came a little closer to his hyung, avoiding eye contact. But Beomgyu is not liking the space between them. He grabs Taehyun by the waist and pulls him even closer.

Taehyun's eyes meet the already staring eyes of Beomgyu. The older's one hand in his cheek, caressing gently. Slowly Beomgyu leans forward.

Taehyun closes his eyes, breathing heavily, face flushed red. Beomgyu cups Taehyun's face after pulling him a little more. Their noses touch and their hearts are beating so fast that it might burst any minute.

Beomgyu admires the beautiful visuals in front of him for one last time before closing his own eyes. He pulls Taehyun's chin a little downward and tilts his head. Their lips only one centimeter away.

As soon as Beomgyu is going to close the gap, the door clacks open.

"Hey guys if you're done- umm, what are you guys doing, may I ask?", Yeonjun asked too confused.