Best Friend

Beomgyu comes out of the hospital, his eyes searching for Shin-ae.

He's about to call her name once again before he notices the female sitting on a bench alone, not really far. And he walks up to her carefully.

"Hey! Mind if I sit here?", he tries to catch her attention, causing her to slightly look at him.

They sit there quietly for a while. Shin-ae facing the other side and Beomgyu doesn't know what to say. What's he supposed to say right now? Should he apologize for not accepting her feelings? Should he explain the whole matter? His train of thoughts finally stops when Shin-ae throws a question.

"Is Taehyun the one you love?"

What should he answer? Of course, he loves the younger. But he has never talked about it with anyone. He's still sweating over the matter of how his friend would react if he admits his feelings for a boy right now.

"Please Beomgyu, tell me the truth", she requests once more due to lack of an answer.

"Yes, I do. I love Taehyun. God! I love him so much", the ash-blonde finally admits as heaviness disappears from his chest.

"Then why? Why did you hurt him?", Shin-ae asks, facing him this time.

"I didn't want to. It's very complicated for me. I wasn't really comfortable and-"

"I ain't talking about that, you idiot"

Beomgyu's eyes widen at her remark. He blinks rapidly. On the other hand, Shin-ae is reminded of that one conversation with the brunette. She still remembers the pain in his eyes when he talked about someone he loves, when he talked about Beomgyu.

"Then?", the male asks, confused.

"You were ignoring him for me, right?", she asks back to which he looks down and nods slightly. "Why?"

"I thought my f-feelings for you were coming back so, I was just being sure of myself", he answers almost as a whisper. "And you needed me the most back then"

"Please tell me they didn't", Shin-ae looks so disturbed by his answer.

"No! They didn't. It might hurt you but trust me when you kissed me, I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel the same way when he ki-kisses me. I only like, I only want his kisses", he admits as his cheeks turn a shade of rosy pink.

"Oh! Thank God", she lets out a breath she was holding in, making the male more confused.

Shin-ae stands from her seat and kneels in front of him before holding his hands.

"I really like you. But Beomgyu trust me, he loves you. He loves you like nobody ever will, not even me. He loves you so much that he's even ready to give up everything for you. I don't even understand what you've done so good that you got him", she says staring at him.

"I know right!", Beomgyu chuckles. "But how do you know?"

"I went out without you once and we had a little conversation. He didn't tell me all that was about you but now, I get it" Taehyun's words suddenly play in her head. "Even though you were in a relationship with him, he didn't stop me from admiring you", she says as the mixed feelings of shyness and guilt take over her.

"He was so hurt because of us. We did so wrong to him yet he chose to talk about you in a way as if you're the best person when in reality you're the dumbest", Shin-ae smiles, earning a little laugh from the male as well.

"And I really meant it when I said to him that I want him to be happy with whoever he loves. So, please! Promise me that you will get him back, you will give the love he deserves", she hopefully folds her hand out. But she could see the hesitance in the other's eyes.