Skip Beat

Birds mindlessly chirping around a nearby tree. What a pleasant summer day it is! Wanna know what's more pleasant? Choi Beomgyu standing with his back on the outside of a familiar apartment, wearing a white loose shirt tucked in his black ripped jeans paired with his black high cut converse and running his fingers through his ash-blonde locks. Simple yet stunning!

He looks down at his bags and then his watch, foot tapping as he's getting restless. Last night was a hectic one.

He was confused. He was aggrieved. He felt guilt rushing through his veins as he acknowledged the altitude of his uncertainty.

"Did all of you know all these about Taehyun?", Beomgyu had asked after silence had enveloped them, dry eyes finding Hueningkai who was standing near a window.

The latter looked at Yeonjun who still hugged Soobin tightly as his hands instinctively rubbed circles on his back.

"Unlike them, I only came to know recently", the blue-haired replied.

"Why didn't anyone tell me then?", Beomgyu almost whispered as he was only digesting the new information.

"Why couldn't he tell you himself?", Soobin asked back, his voice croaky.

Beomgyu, for a second, gave it a thought. Wasn't he trustworthy enough? Or maybe, Taehyun didn't want to bother him with his problems?

Either way, he thought it was his fault for making it seem that way. So in a second he stood from the floor (that's where he was sitting the whole time as his knees gave up at some point, listening to Hueningkai talk about everything he had to know) and walked up to Soobin, sitting on the edge of the bed. Kneeling, he held the other's hands in his.

"Hyung...", his voice broke for the nth time that night. "P-Please take me to him. I have to apologize. I have to get him back"

Soobin looked at him, soft eyes veiled with a thick curtain of tears. Maybe he tried to seem tough but the vulnerability was way too visible for that.

"What if you...h-hurt him ag-"

"I won't", Beomgyu cut him, firm and confident.

Everything in the room fell silent again for a while. Beomgyu wasn't sure if Soobin was convinced yet, but he knew the older was giving it a thought.

He gulped before adding. "I won't f-force him, hyung. Okay. Okay, if.... if he doesn't want to come back to me, I'll respect it... I'll leave him alone"

Although the thought twisted his belly, Beomgyu just had to say something to convince the older anyhow. He stared at Soobin with hopeful eyes, chest thumping harder as he was incredulous of what was going on inside the other's head.

"Go h-home...", Soobin finally spoke, almost mumbling.

Beomgyu tightened his grip and he knew he might cry any moment. "Hyung...please.."

"Go home and pack your bags"

Everyone in the room snapped their heads at Soobin. In his peripheral vision, Beomgyu could make Hueningkai take small steps towards them.

"...We're taking the first train for Busan tomorrow", Soobin finished, Yeonjun smiled widely at him as the raven-haired turned around and snuggled closer.

Beomgyu looked at both Yeonjun and Hueningkai's smile plastered faces before the youngest of them took his arm and made him stand.

"Taehyun is in Busan, hyung", the curly head squealed and jumped at him. "We were supposed to visit him tomorrow and now you're joining us"