Without Him

The evening breeze hits softly as Shin-ae's long hair blows and Taehyun's cheeks sting because of his tears.

"Hey", Shin-ae quickly takes the brunette's hands on hers. "I know. I've been in that position once. It really hurts but trust me, even if this doesn't work out, you'll find someone who can take better care of you". Taehyun can sense the shakiness in her voice.

"You know? Two weeks ago, I came here with a broken heart", she lets go and stares blankly at the lake. "I was so down that I fought my mom and ran away from my house. I only had one name in my mind, my best friend, Beomgyu", she smiles at the mention of his name but Taehyun's heart shrinks a little more.

"He liked me since we were little. But I never wanted to be more than friends with him. That night, when he soothed me, when he comforted me in his arms, I couldn't help but curse myself for being an idiot. I think... I think he still likes me and if that's the case then I won't back out this time", Shin-ae's face turns red but what about Taehyun? He only wants to drop this conversation and run away.

"What I'm trying to tell you is, you may not get the love of a person you want but love will find you anyways. I'm sure if this guy doesn't work out then you'll find someone special, maybe someone you already know, just like I found Beomgyu", she glances at the younger only to see his head hanging low.

"But I love him and him only. I love him more than I've loved anyone. To such an extent that it really hurts to even think about a life without him", he feels his tears drop on his lap.

Shin-ae quickly pulls him in a hug and rests her hand on his soft hair to comfort him.

"Looks like your feelings for this guy are much stronger than mine for Beomgyu. I really hope you can get together and be happy with him"

You're too sweet, Noona. I know I'm being selfish but I don't wish the same for you, Taehyun says in his mind as more tears follow.

After a comfortable hug, Shin-ae finally pulls away and suggests that they should head back before it gets too dark and they both walk away in silence.

***

Days pass away and finally, it's a vacation for everyone which means Yeonjun is definitely going to ask for a party. But of course, none of them likes partying, especially Soobin because he will have to take care of a drunk Yeonjun which is pretty unsafe for his own ass.

So they end up in the Pink Café. Surprisingly, Seokjin is celebrating in his café, nothing fancy but just offering some alcohol and side dishes at each table. AFter all, who doesn't like free food and drinks? Taehyun came to know that his long time boyfriend finally proposed to him and so he's in an ecstatic mood. As his café is quite well-known in the area and the regulars, as well as his employees, have a good relationship with him, he wanted to spread the happiness in a memorable way. And because Yeonjun wanted to get together as soon as possible, Taehyun took this opportunity to call them in his workplace, even his worldwide handsome hyung is so happy to see them.

They were all together at the café, except Beomgyu and Shin-ae. Taehyun was sure that they're joining because their friends saved them seats. He is still on the working hours but Yeonjun is beckoning him to join them and of course, he is answering that he can't.

"Hey! They're your friends, right?", Seokjin asks while eyeing the situation to which Taehyun nods.

"You can go join them for a while. It's a day full of happiness, so enjoy it. Besides, we have more workers", Seokjin smiles while patting his head.

"But hyung, what abo-"

"Trust me, it's okay. It's not like your friends come here daily and you worked during exams too. I won't cut from your salary. So go and give yourself a break"

Hold You Tighter | TaeGyuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें