The Voices

[A/N]: This story ranking #1 in taegyu is something I never dreamed of. Thank you so much to everyone who always looks forward. I appreciate every read, vote and comment🥺 And so I made this chapter extra long.

This is the last chapter for Taehyun's past.

WARNING: Implied mentions of bullying and panic attacks.

~~~~

Not knowing why his closest friend, his only friend, was acting like that, Taehyun was lost after that incident. He wasn't able to study or concentrate on anything. He wasn't even eating properly which made Jimin and Yoongi a bit worried.

"Hyunnie. Is everything alright?", Yoongi asked while having dinner, eyes filled with concern.

"Y-Yes, hyungie. I have a test tomorrow so I'm nervous", he lied.

"That's not like you", Jimin ruffled his hairs while looking at him properly. "We know you're going to nail the test. What's the matter?"

Taehyun just shook his head, assuring everything was okay and Jimin patted is head. Sure Taehyun never hid anything from them but now that he was getting older, they made sure to give the younger some space.

Although Taehyun was still shaking from the memory of being touched in a wrong way, thinking what else could've happened to him, he decided to talk it out with Gijung.

The next day at school was odd. Not that he wasn't the topic of gossip everyday but today's different. Students were visibly pointing at him, looking at him with disgust. But he kept his cool and looked for his friend.

And of course, out of all the days, Gijung had to be late that day. The male entered the classroom right a minute before the classes started which gave them no time to talk. Even Gijung's attitude was a little off. Well, the reason was known to Taehyun, or at least he thought so.

"Eww he's even staring at Gijung oppa weirdly"

A whisper made its way to Taehyun's ears and he turned his head only to find some girls, a few seats forward, to make faces and then turn around.

As classes started, everyone focused. But as always, when teachers complimented Taehyun, the bickers thrown at him were a little more, maybe he even saw Gijung slightly smirking.

Taehyun hardly cared about all those but his only friend joining them was something he didn't imagine. And that thought had him distracted from his lessons, causing him to look out of the window which only brought more whispers about what weird things he might be dreaming of.

Before he knew, it was lunchtime and by the time he snapped back to reality, most of his classmates were gone. Okay, he might not spend his time in the classroom but he knew that it was unusual for this many students to leave. Today, it was almost empty.

He thought of looking for Gijung and went out of his classroom, only for his uniform to be spoiled by someone's chocolate milk.

"Aw Taehyun, please don't mind me", one of his classmates smiled sheepishly. "Why don't you run to the washroom? You don't want that stain to stay, do you?"

Taehyun stared at the other's face and then looked at his uniform. Oh, sure he needs to clean it and so with a bow he runs off.

But as he cleaned himself a little bit, he couldn't help but think of how unbearably quiet it was. And his trail of thoughts was stopped when he was done and walking towards the door, only to be met by some classmates of his. And before he could respond, the washroom area filled up with almost everyone who bullied him.

To be honest, he was never scared of them but today their presence screamed another kind of intimation. The aura, the expressions with so much hate in their eyes weren't settling for him. He didn't even know he was stepping back until he got the wall behind.