one hundred and thirty seven.

"Absolutely not." "Just think about it, you don't have to decide right away." Normani encouraged. "No. I'm deciding right now, I don't need to see a therapist." Lauren crossed her arms. "Babe it could be a good thing. Everything is confidential, and I know that sometimes you can't talk to me, well you can but you feel like you can't. That's what therapy is for, to talk." Camila put a hand on her knee, trying to meet her eyes. "Since when were you a fan of therapy Camz?" Lauren chuckled. "Since I realised its not pointless, that I had to try too, and meet them halfway. You got me to give it a shot, and it's helping, now I'm trying to return the favour." "Yeah Lauren, I looked into some people I think you might click with and I have a few options for you to check out." "Ugh, I don't want to go through the whole process of being in a room with someone and sitting there awkwardly while they take notes and look at me patronisingly." "I thought you might say that, and you don't have to actually see someone! I checked with them and you can also text or call them. You can just do whatever works for you." Normani said. Lauren sighed, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples. "Laur, we can see you're struggling." Camila spoke gently, moving her hair out of her face. Lauren didn't respond, simply meeting her girlfriend's eyes. "Mani and I just want to help you, and we think this can." "What am I even gonna talk about?" "Whatever you want. The whole thing is in your control, the sessions are lead by you. It's your time to talk about whatever's bothering you, it could be deep or it could be something small that annoyed you." Camila explained. "Well, what if we don't get on? What if I don't like them?" Lauren tried another excuse. "I've heard only good things when I checked these people out." Normani rebutted. "Just try a few sessions, get a feel for it, if not for you, will you do it for me?" Camila looked at Lauren hopefully with a persuading pout, knowing she would find it hard to resist. Despite Lauren's initial stubbornness, to Normani and Camila's surprise it actually worked, she agreed. Lauren sighed and nodded. "Okay. Fine, I'll give it a chance." Camila smiled and kissed her cheek. "That's great, I'll get things moving and send you the details of the people I found." Normani said and disappeared from their tour bus. "I'm so proud of you, well done baby." Camila kissed her temple and pulled Lauren closer, feeling her tension subside and her body relax in her arms. It was silent for a moment before Lauren said something. "I'm scared." She admitted. Camila stroked her fingers through her hair. "I get that. I'm not gonna lie, it is scary. But fear only holds you back, according to my therapist anyway." Camila chuckled, Lauren smiled slightly. "I love you. I know I don't always make it easy, but you never fail to stick by me. You've loved me no matter what, and I really do appreciate it." Lauren nestled her face into the crook of Camila's neck. "I love you too, and you've always done the same for me. You and me, we got this." Camila said sweetly. "Yeah, we got this." Lauren repeated back to Camila, trying not to let her voice shake.

A/N:

I'm BACK BITCHES
— I'm sorry I've been gone for literally over a year, and this book just kinda stopped for a while. Things have been crazy and they still are, both generally and personally, but I'm trying to get back into writing. I love you all so much and thank you for continuing to read this story and vote for it and for even still following me. You're all amazing.