eighty eight.

"Papi hear me out." "No I need you to listen to me for a second." Lauren and Camila listened closely. "I don't care who you love Camilita, I just want you to be happy. Although I'd prefer to have met your girlfriend at dinner rather than the way I did." Both girls blushed. "I'm sorry, and I truly love her Mr Cabello." "Lauren is it?" "Yes sir." Alejandro held out his hand for her to shake, making Camila shocked. "Thank you for making my little girl so happy." Lauren smiled brightly. "That's all I want for her sir." "Please, call me Alejandro." Lauren nodded and felt Camila take her hand. "Where's Mami? Is she here?" "She went out to get groceries for a family meal." "Oh. Shall I go?" Lauren asked. Alejandro turned to the girl and smiled softly. "Of course not. You're invited Lauren." Camila squealed and hugged her father. "Thank you so much Daddy." Alejandro hugged his eldest back and kissed her temple. "Te amo nena." "Can we go to my room?" Camila asked as she stood back my Lauren's side. "Yes, but leave the door open this time." Lauren pressed her lips together to hide her laugh. "Yes Papi." Camila blushed. "C'mon babe." "Coming." Lauren chuckled before Alejandro pulled her back gently. "Lauren." "Yes?" "I haven't seen her so happy in a long time, I don't know if she told you about her eating disorder.." "Yes, she did." "I see, well make sure to look after her. I know you will, but it's still my job to look out for her." Lauren smiled and nodded. "I always will. I'll always do my best to make her happy, I promise." Alejandro nodded. "I believe you." "Lauren!" Camila called from upstairs "Now go on up, Camila is waiting for you." Lauren looked at the stairs and went up. "Thank you." "Thank you as well." Alejandro nodded before he left the room. "Lauren? Are you okay? What took you so long?" "I was just talking to your Dad." "What did he say?" "He thanked me." Camila tilted her head in question. "For making you happy." Camila giggled. "You make me so happy." Lauren pulled her towards her and kissed her slowly. "I love you." Camila whispered. "I love you too." "Remember to keep that door open!" Camila rolled her eyes and opened it. "Yes Papi!"