twenty nine

Camila wasn't sure whether Lauren was actually going to show as time passed by, until she heard a reassuring knock at the door. The Cuban smiled widely to herself before going downstairs, admittedly at a rushed pace. "Hey." "Hi Lauren." "Ready to go?" "Uh huh." Camila returned a smile and noticed Lauren taking her hand. "Are you feeling okay Lauren?" She furrowed her eyebrows worriedly. She noticed Lauren looked anxious. "Yeah, yeah I'm good." She said unconvincingly. Camila stopped walking to Lauren's car and tugged on her hand to hold her back. "Talk to me. I'm not going anywhere with you until I know what's wrong." Lauren sighed and threw her head up to look at the sky. "It's nothing Camz." "Well it doesn't look like nothing." "Hm." "Lauren come on, you can trust me, you know that." "I know Camila I just don't wanna talk about it." Lauren said, her voice wavering. Camila let go of the singer's hand and pulled her into a hug. Lauren buried her face into her shoulder and let out a sigh/sob. "It's okay, I've got you. You don't have to tell me right now, or at all. Just tell me what I can do to help." Camila said, rubbing her back to soothe her. "Can we go in for a bit? We have some time before dinner." Lauren sniffled. "Of course Lo." Camila pulled away and gave the singer's hand a reassuring squeeze before opening the door and welcoming her inside. "What's goin' on?" Camila asked gently as Lauren crossed her legs on her couch. Lauren lowered her head and pushed her hair back stressfully. "I'm just sick of my life being..under control." "What do you mean?" Camila asked, confused. "I'm not in control of my own life Camila..everything I do or say I have to either run past management or it's done for me before I even know anything about it! It's crazy." Lauren ranted. Camila frowned. "Maybe get a new management?" "It's not that simple Camz." Camila tilted her head to the side. "Why not?" "Well when you sign a contract in the music industry you have to do the full time you've signed up for and what they say or find some kind of loophole to get out of it. That means court and lawyers and ugh, fuck that shit." Camila squeezed the Cuban's knee and smiled sadly. "I'm sorry Lauren." "Yeah." Lauren breathed. "I wish I could do something." Lauren scoffed with no real meaning behind the action. "Me too." Camila cleared her throat. "Maybe dinner will take your mind off this shit." Lauren looked up and gave a small smile. "Yeah, let's go. The place I've booked is amazing." "Well I can't wait to go then." Camila giggled.