twenty three.

Camila: where are you ??

Lauren: Gate 3

Camila: omg i see you!!!!

Camila jumped into Lauren's arms and held her tightly with excitement. "Miss me?" Lauren teased her friend. "Yes! A lot." Camila mumbled into her neck. "We haven't taken a selfie in forever." Camila pouted. "We'll take one when we get out of here, we gotta go before my fa-shit." "Oh." Camila winced as her friend tried to look for somewhere to escape but girls and boys were running up to them and Lauren looked anxious as hell. "Guys, back off!" Camila said, standing in front of the girl protectively to help Lauren. "Lauren gets anxious in crowds so if you could all just step back and give her some space then that'd be great." Camila said. Lauren took a few deep breaths and smiled at Camila in appreciation. "If you guys could go out of the airport and form a line and stay calm I'll be happy to take some pictures and stuff with you." The fans agreed by some miracle, leaving both Lauren and Camila alone to collect themselves. "I gotta say I'm surprised that worked." Camila said. "Me too, and thank you. You didn't have to do that for me." "I care about you Lo, you looked panicky and scared." "It just, I don't like crowds and too many people. So a whole bunch of fans trying to meet me can get a little scary sometimes. It's not that I don't love them and appreciate them and all their support because God knows I do. It's just hard to deal with sometimes. Some days are better than others, some are worse." "I understand, I mean I'm not famous and I don't have fans but I have anxiety like you." "I'll just find Mani, she was like right behind me and she'll come help." "Lauren! For God's sake you always run off like that. Ah, now I get it. Hi Camila." "Hi." Camila smiled warmly. "The only way I found you is from a crowd of screaming fans." "Sorry, I said I'd meet them outside and take pictures so can you take my things to the car please?" "You need some protection with you." "Camz will help. She did a great job helping me out just now." Normani looked at Camila. "Is that okay with you?" "Of course it is." Camila nodded, admittedly excited. "Great. Lauren just text me if there's a problem. I'll be right there as soon as this stuff is in the car." "Okay." "I'll be like 5 minutes max." "Okay." Lauren repeated. "Thank you Camila." Normani called as she walked away with Lauren's bags. "No worries!" The Cuban called back. Lauren got through the fans with no problem. A few people even asked if they could take another picture with Camila in it. Camila didn't mind, so she agreed, making Lauren smile. "Thanks!" Lauren's fan beamed. "You're really pretty by the way." She complimented Camila. "Aw thank you." Camila blushed. "See you later cutie." Lauren smiled as the fan walked away. "That was sweet." Camila pouted. "And true." Lauren bopped her nose before taking her hand and leading her to the car. "Laur I'm feeling Coldstone, wanna come?" Normani asked hopefully. "I'd love to, Camz?" Lauren turned to the Cuban girl. "Oh no, I mean it's not that I don't want to it's just that I just don't wanna intrude-" "No worries. The more the merrier!" Normani insisted. "Yeah, come along with us." Lauren nudged the girl. "Uh, yeah, okay then." Camila agreed. "Awesome!" Normani grinned. "Yay!" Lauren clapped her hands with a wide smile adorably, the way Camila had seen in interviews before. Normani spent some time going over Lauren's plans for after her week off. She noticed Lauren seemed distracted and Lauren requested to talk about them at the end of the week, on Saturday or Sunday, explaining she wanted to enjoy her week off freely without thinking about work in the back of her mind. She did so, looking at Camila unashamedly. It made Camila blush and look down at her melting ice cream. "I'm gonna head off, can you get home girls?" Normani asked, standing up from their table, having finished her ice cream. "Yeah we'll be fine. Go ahead Mani. See you later." Lauren smiled. "Nice to see you properly Camila." "Thanks, you too." The Cuban returned. "Bye then!" Normani waved as she left Coldstone. "Thank God." Lauren sighed in relief. "What?" Camila tilted her head to the side with her question. "I'm just sick of work, work, work all the time. I missed having fun like going to the beach or getting ice cream or having movie days, and you." Camila met her eyes at that and smiled uncontrollably. "You..you missed me?" "Of course I missed you! Why wouldn't I?" Lauren exclaimed. "I don't know..cause I'm really annoying." Camila muttered awkwardly. "Not to me. I love your company Camila, you're a really sweet girl." Camila smiled and nodded. "Thank you." Lauren smiled at her and spooned some ice cream into her mouth. "No problem." Lauren nearly choked when someone slid into the booth next to her with a phone in their hand to take a picture with her. "Smile Lauren!!" Lauren didn't know how to react, but Camila did. "Oh my god!" Camila shouted as the boy ran away. "What the actual fuck was that?" Camila raged while Lauren was on the edge of having an anxiety attack. "Shit! Lauren!" Lauren pushed the girl away as she tried to help her and ran to the door for some fresh air. She needed space. She needed to breathe and calm the hell down. But that didn't get to happen because as soon as the boy had posted the picture of him grinning while Lauren ate ice cream with his location on, she was flooded with fans. "Oh shit!" Someone realised she was getting upset. "She's having an anxiety attack, fucking move!" Camila shouted, moving people out the way to get to her friend. "Laur, Lauren, hey, look at me. They're not here okay? Act like it's just you and me, try to breathe." Lauren looked at her friend with tear filled eyes and nodded quickly. "You can do this, in," Lauren inhaled shakily. "and out." The girl let out a long breath and the process continued for a couple of minutes. "Are you alright?" Camila fretted but she was just brought into a tight hug. "Thank you so much." Camila wrapped her arms around the and kissed her cheek affectionately. "I'm just glad you're okay." Some fans were still there, but it seemed some of them had cleared off. Maybe they got bored of waiting or scared of seeing her like that. "Camz I really need to get out of here.." she mumbled awkwardly. "I'll take you back to my place if you want?" "Yes please." Lauren squeaked. "Guys Lauren really doesn't feel well so can you please just..y'know, just leave her alone?" The fans seemed to understand the severity of the situation and sadly left the scene, a few of them going into Coldstone themselves. "Come on Lo, I'll go get us a taxi." Camila settled an arm around her waist and lead her to the edge of the road for her to hail one.