fourty seven.

The Cuban didn't know how long she'd spent thinking in the corridor. But she had come to terms with her feelings. She knew what she had to do. And she needed to do it now, before she lost the chance, and the courage. She ran back to the studio and saw Camila in the booth looking at music sheets. She opened the door and pulled the sheet out of Camila's hand. "Hey!" Camila looked up at the paper being ripped out of her hands. "Oh Lauren? Are you o-" Lauren threw the paper to the floor and grabbed Camila's cheeks, leaning in and kissing her desperately. Camila reciprocated the kiss when she realised what was happening. Lauren is kissing me. I thought-what the fuck?? Lauren pulled away and caught her breath. "Lauren..what, what are you doing?" Camila asked hesitantly. Lauren bit her bottom lip and stared into the brown eyes she'd come to love. "What I should have done a long time ago." "What's that?" Camila asked breathlessly. This wasn't good for her anxiety. Lauren gave a small smile and took Camila's hand nervously. "Following my heart." "I-I don't understand." "When you kissed me that day, it freaked me out. I started to question everything. I'd only ever been kissed by guys and, and I felt, I felt, something, I didn't know what but, I still don't but it felt different. It felt good, right. Camila..I thought I was straight..I don't know what I am, but I do..I do know one thing for sure." Camila swallowed the lump in her throat, listening intently. "What?" "I like you." Camila felt a blush creep it's way to her cheeks. "Really?" Lauren smiled and nodded her head, wiping Camila's cheeks. Camila didn't even know she was crying. "I just..I want this, I want us, I've thought about it a lot, but can we keep this to ourselves? Take it slow?" Camila smiled through trembling lips and nodded happily. "Anything you want Lauren." Lauren laughed with relief. "As long as we can do this again." Camila leaned in and kissed Lauren, both girls smiling into the kiss. Lauren giggled and pulled away after a few seconds. "I'm sorry I took so long to get here." Camila shook her head and took Lauren's hand. "It was worth the wait." "Yeah?" Lauren asked, looking down at their hands and back at Camila's eyes. "It's like you said, or, sang. You're not perfect." Lauren chuckled awkwardly, looking down at her feet. "I guess that's true." "Nothing is ever gonna be easy Lauren, but if we both want this-" "I do." Lauren said quickly. "Then let's go ahead and give us a shot." Camila said breathily. "If it's what you want too." Lauren nodded her head and opened her arms for a hug which Camila melted into and felt Lauren kiss her temple. "So uh, wanna record something else? There's something I read here that's great, y'know, before you ripped it out of my hands." Lauren blushed and pulled away. "Sorry." "It's okay, so it's this one." Camila said, picking the sheet of paper up from the floor and handing it to Lauren, she read it and her heart stopped. "..I remember writing this one." Lauren muttered. "It seemed pretty personal.." "Yeah um, it is." "I'd like you to record that, alone, I think it would sound so perfect with your husky, gentle voice." Camila said gently. Lauren looked up with tears in her eyes as memories started to surface. "Uh, I will..but can I be alone?" Camila nodded and went to the door. "Dinah and I will get something to eat. You want me to bring you back any food?" Lauren shook her head. "I'm okay, thank you." Camila watched Lauren walk over and kiss her lips gently. Camila opened her eyes and took in a deep breath. "What?" Lauren asked worriedly. "Did I do something wrong?" Camila shook her head hurriedly. "No of course not, I'll just have to get used to that." Lauren hummed softly and gave a small smile. "Text me if you need me babe." Camila said before leaving the room. Babe.. Lauren took a moment to process the word before smiling. Babe.

Damn Lauren, took ya long enough.