fourty six.

"I like her." Simon said as he listened to Camila sing. "I really like her." "Me too." Lauren said as she snapped a picture. "This song's gonna be awesome." "You wrote it didn't you?" Simon asked his artist. Lauren looked up from her phone while she was typing. "How was that Laur??" Camila asked excitedly as she removed her headphones. "Great, babe." She said through the intercom. Camila blushed at the nickname and smiled. "Lauren can you go in there and harmonise the chorus with Camila?" "Sure." Lauren said as she put her phone in her pocket. "Hey Camz." Lauren smiled as she opened the door. "Hi Lauren, you gonna sing with me?" Lauren smirked. "No I thought I'd just hang out here and watch you. Nah, I'm singing, but either is nice." "This is so cool! I'm singing with my best friend." "Rude!" Dinah yelled through the intercom. "Sorry." Camila yelled back. "You excited to record with me by any chance?" Lauren chuckled. Camila blushed. "Uh yeah, just a little." "I'm starting the track now girls, headphones on please." Both girls put on their headphones and started singing the chorus. "Everyone comes with scars, but you can love them away." Lauren sang powerfully. "I told you that I wasn't perfect," Camila joined in. "You told me the same." Lauren finished the line. "I think that's why we belong.." Lauren sang gently as she met Camila's eyes. "together and unashamed." Camila sang back, staring into Lauren's green eyes. "I told you that I wasn't perfect, no way." The girls harmonised the last few sentences of the chorus before Lauren took a deep breath for the last part. "No way.." Camila swallowed thickly, eyes flitting down to Lauren's full lips subconsciously. Lauren's breath hitched before she pulled her headphones off and her eyes away from Camila quickly, almost seeming scared. "Lauren.." Camila said worriedly. "Just give me a-I-I just need a second." Lauren said, her breathing shaky as she threw open the door and left the studio. Dinah looked at Camila as she left the booth. "Is Lauren okay?" Camila watched the door slowly close. "I don't know.."