twenty six.

Lauren: camila?

Lauren: camila.

Lauren: i know you're reading these messages.

Lauren: camila I really think we need to talk.

Lauren: c'mon we have to talk about this!

Lauren: please don't ignore me..

Camila saw Lauren's texts, she didn't know how to respond though. It had been 3 days and Camila was ignoring all her pleas to talk. It had been around 4 or 5 months they'd been friends. But now she had potentially ruined it. Lauren left Miami in 4 days and Camila really didn't want to lose Lauren, she was her best friend. Her..her crush? Maybe? Camila was uncertain. She had never been in this situation before.. But maybe this wasn't the end of them. Of Camren, as Lauren's fans called their friendship. She could get out of this. It wasn't even a big thing, just a celebratory kiss, nothing more. It was in the heat of the moment, she was excited and happy for her. That's all.

Camila: forget about it Lauren, it's not important

Lauren: finally!

Lauren: I can't forget you kissed me camz

Camila: why not?

Camila had to admit it was a big deal, she wouldn't be able to forget a friend kissing her so easily either.

Lauren: it's something that needs addressing. please meet me in the main park in 10 minutes.

Camila: alright, see you then.

Lauren didn't reply after that, Camila assumed she was getting ready, and figured she should do the same. She was showered and dressed so she just needed to apply some makeup. Fast forward ten minutes Camila spotted Lauren in the park talking to what looked like a couple of fans. So she decided to wait at the side. When they left Lauren turned around to look at Camila. She knew she was there, she could feel her presence. Lauren nodded her head over and Camila hesitantly put one foot in front of the other as she walked over to Lauren. "Hi.." Camila said awkwardly. This was strange. They were so..close, with one another. It was never complicated between them, ever. But Camila supposed that happened when one friend kissed another. "Hey." Lauren licked her lips nervously, and noticed how Camila looked at them as she did so. Maybe it was subconscious since the eyes were naturally drawn to movement. But her eyes left her lips as soon as Lauren's tongue had. "So, we need to talk." She said. Camila cleared her throat and nodded. "Right." "Why did you kiss me?" "I-I don't know." Oh come on Camila, you rehearsed this. "It was just..I was happy for you with the news and stuff." "Well yeah, so was I but I didn't kiss you." Lauren tried to joke, but the air was thick with tension. Camila inhaled sharply and shrugged. "It was a celebratory kiss, I guess.." "You guess?" "I don't know Lauren. I don't know what I was thinking." "I just thought we were friends, right? I mean, I thought you were happy with that.." Lauren said carefully. "I am! We are friends. I don't know what I was thinking. These past 4/5 months have been amazing getting to know you and hang with you and text you, it's been awesome." Camila said quickly. She didn't want to lose Lauren. But her lips were so kissable, and her eyes were so beautiful, and she was so beautiful, and kind and sweet and considerate and funny and- Her thought process was interrupted by Lauren's words. "Do you..do you like me? As more than a friend?" "Maybe I always did. I've loved you for like 3 years." Lauren's jaw slacked in realisation. "Is that what this was? Were you just trying to get with me this entire time? I thought our friendship was real. More fool me huh?" Camila went into panic mode immediately. "No! No that is not true. Lauren I idolised you, I loved you as a role model-" "God I should have known. I should have seen this coming. Fuck." "Lauren!" Camila said with tears in her eyes. She couldn't lose her. "This is bullshit." Lauren said getting angry and began to walk away from the sad Cuban. "Lauren please wait! I meant-I loved you as a fan, I love you now as a friend! Please!" She sobbed. Lauren turned around and walked over to her. "I thought you were different Camz, I really did." "I am different Lo, please. Don't go, I'm begging you. You mean so much to me, you're everything I've ever wanted in a friend Laur. You're my best friend!" And maybe crush-Shut up! Not now! "I don't want this to end." Camila begged. Lauren took a deep breath and sighed. "You have to trust me. I'll never do this again." Unless I really do fall in love with you. Lauren didn't want to let Camila go either, she was a really good friend to her and she made her happy, she made her laugh. Camila was crying in front of her and Lauren hated the sight. "Our friendship was real Lauren. It is real." Lauren was feeling doubtful, but decided to just go ahead and take the chance. Maybe it would be the wrong choice, but it could also be the right choice. She carefully took Camila's hand and gave it a shaky squeeze. Since when were her hands shaking? She felt saltiness on her lips as she licked them. Since when was she crying? "I'm trusting you..Camz.." Camila looked down at their hands and pressed her lips into a thin line. "Don't let me down, please don't make me regret this." Lauren said shakily. Camila leaped into Lauren's arms and cried into her shoulder. "I won't. I won't I promise I won't." Lauren brought her hand up to hold the back of Camila's head, the other arm settled tightly around her waist in the hug. Lauren rested her head on Camila's shoulder and let out a heavy sigh. Hugging Camila, she already felt better. She hoped she made the right choice and things wouldn't cause their friendship to break. Because she didn't want this to end. Camila clutched fistfuls of Lauren's shirt desperately, as if she'd slip away and she was dreaming her forgiveness. "I'm sorry Lauren." She squeaked. "It's okay." Lauren whispered, deep in her thoughts. At least, she hoped it was.

A/N
Lmao did y'all really think camren would happen just like that? nah