"Some damn dress pants. You wear skirts too damn much, and it's winter time, I know yo' knees be on they way to falling off."

I chuckled, "I only wear skirts because obviously they're my favorite."

"Yeah, alright. They won't be yo' favorite until you come down with a damn cold."

"I'm always going straight to a car and into a house or building so it's a slim chance. Now like I said, what are you getting me?"

He raised his eyebrow, "You really think I'm playing about them dress pants?!"

"I'm serious, Chris."

"A vagina full of cum, we having another baby."

My mouth dropped and I looked to Lauren and back to him, "Why would you say that while we have company?"

He shrugged, "She knows how a baby is made."

I looked over to her, she shrugged, "He's right, I do." She chuckled

"Well anyways, I was serious."

"I don't know, India. You'll see on the day." He said and brushed me off

I don't know what I'm getting him either but I have a week to get it. I have an idea of what I'm getting Royalty though, and I'm thinking of sharing it with Chris.

Lauren placed our plates in front of us and as we ate we held small talk.

When we finished eating Chris got ready to go to the court and Lauren and I cleaned up the kitchen.

"See, you're lucky. You and Chris don't have these problems." She said as I loaded the dishwasher,

"No, don't say that. You're on the outside looking in."

"But you also tell me everything so if there's any trouble in paradise I'm sure you'd tell me."

I nodded, "I would, but no relationship is perfect."

"You're right, I'm just really regretting my choices."

"He'll come around, Lauren, I promise. But at least you know what to do and not to do next time."

"You're right." She said while putting the leftover food into storage containers.

She headed to work to go help her mom and I went to start on some work since I'm working from home these next three days while the building is being fumigated.

By 4 Chris was stomping up the stairs and slamming the bathroom door.

I put my laptop down and knocked on the bathroom door, "Chris, you okay?" I asked

The bathroom door flew open. He had a scratch under his eye and his entire face was red.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked with a concerned look on my face.

"Yo' stupid ass plan for me to talk to that lame ass nigga man to man is what happened."

"Meaning?"

"We got into a big ass fight."

I raised my eyebrows, "What happened?"

Flashback
Chris

"Chris that's yo' shot, that's yo' shot!" Dre yelled while I dribbled down the court towards the hoop.