64.

India

When I woke up my mom was putting Ai'marie down into her crib.

"Hey, you about to head out?" I asked, noticing she was fully dressed

"Yeah, Anaya is blowing our phone up." She said

I rolled my eyes at the sound of her name, "Okay, well I hope to see y'all soon—y'all meaning you and dad." I said

She smiled, "I promise you will. Get back to me with what the detectives say, too." She said

"I will, whenever they get back with us."

We haven't heard from them since Chris went back and reported the phone call. I just hope the next time they get back with us they're reporting that Joyce has been taken in and charged.

We walked out of the room and downstairs.

"Your birthday is in coming up, don't have too much fun." She said

"I won't." I replied with a smile, I'm not too much in a hurry for it since I never know what to do. I'm not an extravagant person as y'all can see.

I said my goodbyes to my parents and went into the kitchen to see what breakfast I could prepare while Chris and the kids slept. I don't remember the last time I made breakfast so this is a perfect time.

As I skimmed through the refrigerator and cabinets I realized how bad I needed to go grocery shopping, but I was able to find something for us to eat this morning.

I prepared for us some eggs, cinnamon rolls, sausages and grits for Chris.

Royalty came into the kitchen and sat at the island, "Hey, baby. Good morning." I smiled

"Good morning." She smiled in return

"Are you hungry? I just finished making us breakfast."

"Yes! Ooou, Cinnamon rolls!" She excitedly said, eyeing the pan of cinnamon rolls that I just took out of the oven.

"Yeah, I know they're your favorite. We can all eat in a second, but I just have one favor.."

"Okay, I can do it." She said as she got out of her chair

"Can you please go wake your daddy up so he can eat with us as well? You know he'd be mad if he missed a meal." I said and she giggled as she ran away

I got out the plates and put the assorted food on each.

"Something smelling magnificently delicious." Chris said as he sat at the island

I started putting the plates in their specific spots.

"You mean magically delicious?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, pouring everyone a cup of orange juice. Well except me, I like Apple juice.

"Naw, it's what I said it was." Chris replied and didn't allow for us to say grace before he dived in.

"Well damn, you must've been hungry."

"I was dreaming about food so you know I am." He said and continued to eat.

After we finished I started cleaning out the dishes in the sink while Chris straightened up the living room with Royalty's help. This is a once in a lifetime thing for him and I don't think there will ever be another time where I catch him cleaning again so I need to mark and save the date.

I was wiping the countertop down when I heard a knock at the door. I was going to ask Chris to get it but I didn't want to ruin this moment. I put the towel away and went to open the door.