When the song ended I was smiling from ear to ear. It was so adorable. I loved it.

"So, watchu think?" He asked, pressing pause on his laptop.

"Oooou you had a lisp?"

He chuckled, "I was hoping you didn't notice it."

I laughed, "You got my attenthen....I definitely noticed that."

"It was the 'tion' for me, It was like 'chun'—it was a tongue thing, just know my tongue work fine now!" He said and playfully rolled his eyes

"I'm sorryyy." I chuckled, "But, who was it for?"

He sighed, "Actually a lil' puppy crush. Somebody I saw in my first week of school, none special." He shrugged

"And you were in loveee, awww."

"Shut up, but that wasn't shit cause I'm in love wit' you now."

"That's sweet, but when you had your lisp, did you like spit?"

He laughed, "Get out." He said and pointed towards the door

We walked downstairs together, Lauren was just finishing up lunch.

I sat at the kitchen island, "Has Dre reached out to you since last night?"

She sighed, "No, and I'm not looking for him to. I know how things ended and I don't expect for him to reach out."

I looked at Chris with a begging look, "What?" He asked while stuffing his mouth with some Garrets popcorn I picked up this morning.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the hallway.

"Talk to him."

He raised his eyebrows, "Talk to who?" Then stuffed some more popcorn in his mouth.

"Dre! Your friend!"

"Why? I'm not getting into that."

"For me, please. I know though she's acting nonchalant about it, she wants it to work. All he needs is for a little talk and that'll probably make him come around or something."

He sighed, "Why you can't do it? When you and I broke up Lauren talked some sense into me, not Dre."

"Because that's your friend for one, and he needs to hear it from a male perspective. She explained it in a woman's perspective to him and he didn't wanna hear it."

He stuffed some more popcorn in his mouth, "It won't make a difference, he's stubborn. ."

"What man isn't? You don't know how much it may help. Just try to for me, please, will you?"

He was about to stuff his mouth again but I snatched the popcorn bag, "Give me my popcorn! Now will you?"

"Yeah, damn. I'm about to go shoot some hoop with him in a couple hours so I'll do it after."

I sighed, "Thank you." I said and leaned in to kiss his cheek but he stepped back.

"Hell naw, give me the popcorn back." He said and snatched the bag back.

I rolled my eyes, "That's why I hope a kernel gets stuck."

"Ahh, you hell for wishing that on me."

We sat back at the kitchen island and she begin preparing the plates.

"You don't have to make our plates, Lauren. You making the food was enough." I said

She continued making the plates, "I don't mind."

"Christmas is next week, what are you getting me?" I asked Chris