"Of course mama. I was born to serve you," Christopher said simply. "And you too Akamai. You remain loyal to me from the day I married into the Schuyler family and became your Mistress. Thank you for treading onto this path alongside me." "It's only natural my Mistress," Akamai replied, "I will follow you and the Schuylers till the end and I'll never go astray." "Lift your heads you two."

Akamai and Christopher finally stood up from bowing and brushed the dust off of their trousers and long black silk hosiery. The two young adults faced Ved'ma. "I'll do everything in my power to find Braun. Akamai, the marriage will go on. If I die doing so, let it be. Behave yourselves. You are all good killers and assassins, I'm sure you can support yourselves financially. If you have any questions, ask away. I can't answer them if I die and I don't want to burden you two. Son, you need to kill that monster soon. I don't want him to get away for what he had done... Do you have any burdens? You can ask Akamai and I to assist you."

Akamai gulped, feeling a bead of sweat trickling down her forehead. Ask any question? There were a lot of questions Akamai have no answers to. As Akamai pondered, Christopher asked first. "I have no problems. I will strike soon. Mama, where is my biological father?" Christopher asked. "Dead." Ved'ma answered calmly, "I killed him right after you're born and seem like a healthy baby. I needed his genetics to make you a pawn worthy of raising. Look at yourself; tall, handsome, cunning and strong. I got what I wanted and I have no more use for your father. Hmm, I don't even remember his name because it's irrelevant." Christopher hesitated before nodding. "I see, thank you mama."

"I.... My mistress, why are you trying so hard to find Braun?" Akamai questioned, "why not just give up on him? Why does that boy mean so much to you?" Ved'ma hesitated as she stared at Akamai, taken aback by Akamai's questions. "He's a Schuyler. I want to raise him to become the prominent killing machine he is destined to be. He have great potential to become my tool." "Valerie's a Schuyler too my mistress. Why did you kill her?" Akamai asked quietly. "She's too smart." Ved'ma remarked. Christopher and Akamai shared a look of confusion before the Russian killer continued.

"I look up to the Schuylers, a family of killers, ever since I was a child. When I married into the Schuyler household after the twins' mother died, my only intentions were to raise those killers with potential and increase fear upon the Schuyler name and title. Valerie knew my intentions within a single glance no matter how friendly I present myself. She was young but cunning. She knew I want to make her brother and herself terminators. And so, I gave up acting in front of her because there's no use hiding my intentions if she knew." Ved'ma's harsh gaze darkened as she clenched her fists, gritting her teeth.

"Her mother is the one who broke the man who I strive to be that was my husband. Schuyler fell in love with his target and promised not to kill ever again after hearing his children inside her... Thankfully she died after the birth of the Schuyler twins. Look at my poor husband now: dead because he refuse to harm TRAXX upon an unsparing assassination. Pathetic. Tragic. Disappointing. In this world, it's either kill or be killed. There's no way around it. The strong will rise to the top and the weak and kind are to be used and obliterated. I overheard Valerie telling Braun things I don't like to hear. As the saying goes, like mother like daughter."

"I'm stealing bits of money from father and mother everyday. I'll get enough for us to run away together. Akamai, you wouldn't want to know what us Schuylers do. You wouldn't want to know what the Sǐ family do. I promise I'll bring Braun and yourself away from all this mess. Me and Braun's half brother will help us - I know he would! He's nice. Have some faith in him okay? Have some faith in us. I, Valerie Gemini Schuyler, promise I'll get us away before it's too late. No blood will be shed - no way. I won't allow it!"