“I bet fifty gold coins that you’ll attend their wedding instead.”

Inihagis ng prinsipe ang kanyang espada sa babae. It was clear that he's aiming at her. But the woman just tilted her head to avoid the sword. Bumaon naman ang patalim sa punong nasa likuran ng huli na natumba rin pagkatapos dahil sa lakas ng puwersang pinakawalan ni Prince Killian.

“Aren’t you tired of bugging me?” Lumapit ang prinsipe sa babae. He was towering over her.

Tumayo naman ang babae para magkapantay na sila. But the prince was still a foot taller than her.

“Why would I? You said that I’m going to be your queen when the time comes. Kaya masanay ka na sa akin. I’ll be bothering you for a lifetime, my king. And I’ll surely savor every moment of it.”

“I already told you that I can’t reciprocate your love. My heart belongs to someone else. You’ll just help me get the crown for myself. After that, you can return to wherever shithole you lived in.”

The woman’s face looked pained but she quickly hid it with a smile. “Huwag kang magsalita ng tapos. I’ll try harder and exert more effort. Because who knows? You might finally fall in love with me. And we’ll live happily ever after. That sounds better than revenge, right?”

“Stop fooling yourself, Devorah.” I looked at the woman with wide eyes as she caught up with Prince Killian.

“Loving you is not foolishness, Killian.”

Hindi ko na narinig ang sinagot ng prinsipe dahil may humila sa aking puwersa at napunta ako sa isang marangyang bulwagan. I was in the throne room of a castle. I gasped when I saw King Zachary and Queen Eliana atop the dais and they looked joyful. I felt warm and comforted just by seeing the couple.

"They're here, Your Highness," rinig kong wika ni Lady Mirage na nasa baba ng plataporma. The king courteously dismissed her before ordering the guards to open the door.

Bumukas naman ang engrandeng pintuan sa kanilang harapan at pumasok ang dalawang tao na parehong nakaitim na kasuotan. The whole chamber darkened as Prince Killian and Devorah approached the throne. The latter’s long black gown slithered like a snake on the marble floor. She was still hiding her face but I found something different about her body that I couldn’t quite decipher.

“It’s good to know that you’re finally back, brother,” bati ng hari sa kanyang kambal. Pero hindi nakatingin si Prince Killian sa kanya. He was only looking at the queen and at her round tummy. An indication of the growing life inside of her.

“And who do we have here? She must be your lover,” wika ulit ni King Zachary. Hinubad na rin ni Devorah ang suot niyang balabal at natulala ako nang makita ko ang kanyang mukha.

She looked like a goddess. Her hair matched the prince by her side and when I looked at his black eyes, I was enchanted by them. Her skin was fair and her luscious lips were full. Nang mapalingon ako kay Queen Eliana ay napansin kong parang may hawig silang dalawa. But the more I stare at Devorah, the more breathtaking she appeared.

If the queen’s beauty was tantalizing, hers was fierce.

“I am his.”

The king didn't mind the harsh tone of the woman before her. "I'm glad for the both of you. You found yourself a fine wife, Killian."

Nang hindi umimik ang kanyang kambal ay napaubo ang hari bago ulit magsalita. “And come to think of it, I have an important obligation to give to you, Killian. Ever since my reign, I still haven’t chosen my right hand man. I think that position was reserved for my twin. And finally you're here to fill it in.”

Prince Killian glared at the king before he unsheathed his sword. Itinago naman ng hari ang reyna sa kanyang likuran nang makita kung anong espada iyon.

The king seemed to be out of breath as he took in the weapon. “Amaranthine,” he uttered.

“Legends said that whoever wields the sacred sword of the divine being shall be the true owner of the throne. So I’ll give you a chance to prove that you’re indeed the rightful king. Fight me. Or surrender the seat that belongs to me.”

And with the look that Prince Killian was giving to King Zachary, I knew that he was going to kill his twin.

Nag-aalala namang hinawakan ng reyna ang balikat ng kanyang asawa para pigilan siya. Pero umiling lang ang hari bago hinarap ang kanyang kakambal.

“We must respect the legend. And I chose to prove myself. I challenge you to a duel, Prince Killian.”

I shrieked when the floor suddenly swallowed me and I fell on mud. Napatingin ako at nagulat nang makita ang napakadilim na paligid. It was raining hard and lightning flashed occasionally. Thunder also roared and I hugged myself because of fear. Basang-basa na rin ako sa ulan at hindi na ako makakita ng maayos.

Pero may nakita akong lumilipad na nilalang sa itaas ko. I was surprised when I saw that it was a man. Nahihirapan siya sa paglipad dahil may buhat siyang babae. His white wings were bloody and I can almost see some bones jutting out of them. Naririnig ko rin ang pag-iyak ng isang sanggol kahit parang mabibingi na ako sa lakas ng pagkulog.

“Just stay still. I’ll take you to Vallahan as I promised,” rinig kong nanghihinang wika ng lalaki sa mag-ina.

I also saw a figure shrouded in black smoke chasing them. Nagsimula na rin akong tumakbo kahit lumulubog ako sa putikan. Kapag patuloy pang bumuhos ang ulan ay tiyak na babaha na sa lugar na ito.

The cloaked figure sent a black lightning towards the winged man. Hindi na nagawang makailag ng lalaki pero ginawa niya pa rin ang kanyang makakaya para protektahan ang kanyang dinadala. He dropped the woman and her baby to the muddy ground before he spread his wings to shield the two below him. He took the brunt of the attack. My hands covered my mouth when he just disappeared after he was hit. Like he never even existed.

“Aramis!” Umiiyak na sigaw ng babae. Nang makalapit ako sa kanya ay agad ko naman siyang nakilala. I tried to help Queen Eliana whose midnight gown was already soaked in water, blood, and mud. Pero hindi ko siya magawang tulungan dahil lumulusot lang ako kapag sinusubukan ko siyang hawakan. The princess was crying in her arms but the queen held her baby tight and kissed her forehead.

The queen started muttering words that I couldn’t comprehend. Nang maaabutan na sila ng kalaban ay biglang lumiwanag ng husto ang reyna at ang kanyang anak.

The light exploded, blinding and forcing me to close my eyes. And in that moment, I heard the second prophecy.

When stars dim and fall astray
A force will defy shadow's embrace
From a grave hidden in an isle
The forgotten princess shall rise
Together with a child of the dark
They shall reignite a lost spark
United, halos will answer their call
Divided, both will suffer the fall.”

"I love you, Lithuania."

I heard Queen Eliana's parting words to her daughter before darkness once again overcame the light.