Fighting For Love

Start from the beginning

The snake-man looked back to us and laughed, "Now, come out and declare yourselves faithful. Join us, and be spared."

Nobody moved from our side. I smirked, Gotcha motherf-

A different man interrupted my thoughts, "Draco Lucius."

I looked up. Lucius was practically begging Draco to join them. I squeezed his hand. He didn't squeeze back. I turned to him, "Draco. You don't have to."

"If I don't, we'll die."

"I'll die either way. I refuse to join them. I'd rather go down with you than without you. Please, do this for me."

He looked back to his father, raising his head high, "No."

I smirked and looked back. Lucius was shocked. He coughed, "Excuse me?"

"Come on, Draco," Bellatrix snarled. "You're going to choose a girl over your family."

"No," he was shaking from fear, but he didn't move away from me. "I am choosing love over fear. I've been afraid for too long. I'm done being afraid."

"Draco," I pulled my boyfriend back as Voldemort spoke to him. "I am very disappointed in you."

"And we're disappointed in you," I spoke.

"I thought I silenced you."

"I still have my wand," I chuckled. "There are counter-spells, you know."

He raised his wand to me. I didn't move. I thought he would surely try to kill me. But Neville began to walk out.

Voldemort lowered his weapon to look at the boy, "I was hoping for better wizards, but you will have to do."  The death eaters laughed. Voldemort chuckled, "And who are you?"

"Neville. Neville Longbottom."

Neville, what are you doing?

The death eaters were all laughing. I found it ridiculous. The one laugh that made me almost lose it was Bellatrix's. I tried to focus back on Neville.

"Well, Longbottom. I'm sure we can find somewhere for you to-"

"I want to say a few words."

Neville?

"Then go on ahead. You seem to be better than that one," he looked to me. I glared at him, Excuse me?

"It doesn't matter whether Harry's gone or not."

"Neville, give it up."

"Shut up, Seamus," I snapped. "Let Neville speak."

"Thank you, Bridget," Neville nodded to me. "People die. That's a part of life. Everyone. Strangers, friends, and family members. We may have lost Harry, but he hasn't left us." I smiled as he spoke. He was right. "He's in all of us. So is Colin. And Fred. Remus, Tonks, Lavender. All of them. None of them died in vain."

I held my head high with a smile. He was right.

I watched Neville turn to Voldemort, "But I know that you will. Because you, and everything you stand for, is wrong. Harry took his own life for all of us. The fight isn't over!" He drew the Sword of Gryffindor from the hat he was holding.

I raised my wand and cheered. I stopped right as the dead body jumped from Hagrid's arms. I stopped in my place to see Harry. Alive. He was alive. My heart beat ten times what I was.

I smiled and let go of Draco's hand. I full sprinted to Harry. He had his wand aimed to the snake. He tried to set it on fire. Why? I don't know. But he wasn't placed in Ravenclaw.