Friends

It's a soft morning with a mild breeze blowing through the curtains. Taehyun shuffles from this side to that as a little tint of light stings his eyes. His eyes flutter open and nose scrunches because the alarm clock is god damn LOUD. His left-hand reaches the nightstand to shut it.

"God!", he frowns. He picks up his phone and immediately his frown turns into a blissful smile. Blush appears on his cheeks as he stares at the wallpaper for maybe way-too-long for a boy who needs to leave his bed and get ready for school. But Taehyun just stays there, staring a little more.

It is a picture of him and his boyfriend. They were together on a beach trip last year. Both of them smiling ear to ear.

The boyfriend whom he loves so much. His one and only beloved. This boy loves him a lot too. He can feel it. The bright and jolly personality of his boyfriend goes perfectly with his calm one.

Despite the fact that they keep fighting over small things, it's too hard for them to be on their own. Sometimes it really bothers him thinking maybe it's the end. The end, huh? If things really one day ends with this guy, Taehyun doesn't even know what he would do. Because this boy brought colors to Taehyun's once monochrome world. Right now, he doesn't want to think about the negatives.

He brings the phone closer and kisses the phone. He finally starts to leave his bed, heads towards the washroom, freshens up and then comes back to clean up his bed all neat and clean. He then skips into the kitchen and quickly makes his breakfast.

It's just his lonely apartment. His parents have passed away back in his childhood due to a car accident. Since then it's just him.

He quickly puts on his uniform, ready to run to school but nope! He's waiting for something, someone.

*Ding*

Taehyun quickly takes his phone and glances at the message. "I'm waiting by the tree at the end of your alley", it says.

Taehyun doesn't even waste a second and runs to exit the door, not forgetting to lock it.

He exits the apartment building with great energy that he almost bumps into someone.

"I'm sorry", he quickly apologizes and runs to his destination.

He's almost out of breath when he reaches there, eyes searching for a certain older boy.

There he is.

"Beomgyu hyung", he shouts from a distance.

The older turns around and this younger one always makes his heart skip a beat. A visible smile creeps upon his lips as the boy is coming towards him.

"Taehyunie", Beomgyu grins widely. He has always loved this boy. Taehyun is literally the only boy, actually the only person he thinks about when he wakes up and drifts to sleep.

His smile is everything to Beomgyu. He just wants to poke that baby dimple of Taehyun the whole day. The eyes of this boy hold the whole universe. They are the prettiest features of Taehyun, at least to Beomgyu. He could stare at them as if it's his last. His pretty hands fit perfectly with Beomgyu's. Those luscious pink lips are his favorite. He wants to kiss them till the end of time. But...

Interrupting his thoughts, Taehyun engulfs him in a tight hug. Beomgyu returns the hug, he can never not. As always, Taehyun smells like vanilla and caramel. He smells like HUGS. Beomgyu can hold this boy in his arms and take in the scent till hours. He just can't get over the warmth of Taehyun.

But something comes to his realization and his smile suddenly disappears.

"How are you hyu-"

Before Taehyun can complete his sentence, Beomgyu hurriedly pulls away from the hug and turns his back.

"Let's get going, Taehyun. W-We might be late", Beomgyu's voice is rather cold. He starts to walk quickly.

Taehyun frowns at the sudden change. He catches up with Beomgyu, now walking by his side. He reaches for Beomgyu's hand but Beomgyu doesn't let him.

"Hyung! What is it?"

"Nothing. We're getting late. Let's walk faster. We have to get to the other guys as well."

"No, Beomgyu hyung. Tell me what's bothering you?"

"Taehyun, it's nothing. If something was bothering me, you would be the first to know. We are friends, right?" Beomgyu starts to walk even faster, almost running.

Realization hits Taehyun and he stops.

"Hyung"

"What?"

"Hyung", Taehyun calls out louder.

"I've told you, Taehyun. It's noth-" Beomgyu looks by his side and finds no sign of Taehyun. He was so busy in his head that he didn't even notice that Taehyun already stopped a few steps back.

"Hey, what happened?"

Taehyun gives him no answer.

"Taehyun-ah, what is it with you now?"

Taehyun looks straight up to Beomgyu's eyes. His face offering no expression.

"Is it because of the hug, Beomgyu hyung?"

Beomgyu gulps down a lump in his throat. He tries to look away.

"Wh-What are you s-speaking about, Tae-Taehyun?"

"That means I'm right. It is because of the hug." This time Taehyun's voice is cold.

"Taehyun, no! You're getting the wrong idea. Friends hug, it's a normal thing to do anyway"

"Then give me the right idea. C'mon, tell me! Tell me why are you suddenly acting all strange after I hugged you?", Taehyun asked a bit rudely to hide that he was on the verge of crying.

"Ugh, fine! Yeah. It really is because of the hug. Yo-You can't hug me like that. I've told you several times before. I mean, yeah friends hug and all but...uhh you know it okay?"

With that said, Beomgyu turns away to walk again. But Taehyun doesn't even move an inch. A tear slips from his eye wetting his left cheek.

"Beomgyu hyung", Taehyun speaks making Beomgyu stop on his tracks and the next thing Taehyun asks widens Beomgyu's eyes as his jaw drops.

"H-How long are you going to treat me like a friend when we're actually dating?"