Green With Evil (Second Try) Part 3

Normal POV

Ten o clock the next morning Tracy meets up with Jason and Tommy at the juice bar. She sees a banner that reads The Game of Spirits Karate Tournament hanging on the wall. She goes over to the bar and orders a smoothie. She pays for it and sits down at a table to drink it. Five minutes later, Jason and Tommy walk up to the table. She sets her cup down and looks up at them.

"Hey guys," Tracy says.

"Hey Tracy, I need to sign the team in. What should we call ourselves?" Jason says.

"What about the Angel Grove Avengers," Tracy says.

"I like it, Tommy says.

"Me too, it has a nice ring to it," Jason says.

Tommy sits down at the table. While Jason gets in the line for the registration table. After he signs the form, he turns around to see Jack standing behind him.

"So, you're still going to compete with the twig girl," Jack says.

"Hey, stop calling her that. She may be a bit smaller than other girls her age, but I can assure you that she is going to surprise you by how strong she is." Jason says.

"I doubt it," Jack says.

Jason heads back over to the table. He sits down next to Tommy. They hear Tracy let out a long sigh, and look over at her

"Tracy, you're still nervous about the tournament, aren't you?" Tommy asks.

"Yes," Tracy answers honestly.

"You've mastered the triangle kick," Jason says.

"Also, you can do the Kata you picked to do in the first round - with your eyes closed," Tommy says.

"Thanks, guys," Tracy says.

"You're welcome, so let's show everyone what a great team can do," Jason says.

Tracy and Tommy nod. They get up from the table and go off the far corner off to the room to stretch out. Ten minutes later, the tournament starts. The teams and members are announced. The karate kings members are Gordon Roberts, Clyde Rivera and Lenny Anderson. The Warriors members are Ron Thompson, Malcolm Lee and Samantha Moody. The Falcons and the Angel Grove Avengers members are announced too. Tracy looks around and notices that Samantha and Hannah are the only girls competing today. They had the proper build for girls their age.

Man, I have a bad feeling. If I spar against any of the boys, they'll say I cheated if I win, or they'll even back down, Tracy thinks.

The teams line up on the side of the mat alphabetical by last name so they know the order for round one. Tracy is happy to be second in line. Lenny walks to the middle of the mat. He turns around to face the judges and bows to them. Afterwards, he turns back to face the audience.

"Tekki Nidan Kata," Lenny says.

A minute later Lenny finishes with the Kata. Tracy takes a deep breath to mentally prepare herself. She walks over to the judges table and bows to them. Then she turns around to face the audience and stands in the ready stance.

"Bassi Dai Kata," Tracy says.

Tracy does the first few movements of the Kata. The judges are amazed at how flawless Tracy's movements are. Jack is amazed too and takes matters into his own hands to make sure that she didn't get a perfect score. He reaches up and takes the hair tie out of Samantha's hair. She feels her hair drop onto her shoulders. She whips around to face him.

"What are you doing?" Samantha asks.

"I'm helping my team like a good leader is supposed to do," Jack says.