Amber's Memory Problems

Normal POV

The team is shocked when they walk up to the front of the school and see Amber standing next to Dr. Mercer. Tracy runs up and reaches out to hug Amber. Tracy is confused when Amber pushes her away. Mike sprints up and catches Tracy in his arms a few seconds before Tracy lands on the ground. The rest of the rangers walk up.

"Amber, what's wrong with you?" Mike asks as he helps Tracy to her feet.

"Yeah, I know everything that happened this morning was stressful," Ethan adds.

"That doesn't give you the right to act like a jerk to Tracy," Trent says.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who this girl is," Amber says.

"Amber, you joking, right?" Tracy says, "I mean, we were on the softball team, and we have gym class and first-period science class together," Tracy continues.

"Sorry, I don't remember you at all, or who the rest of you are except for Dr. Oliver since he is my science teacher," Amber says.

Amber turns around and walks into the building. Mike looks over at Tracy to see her eyes begin to water as tears slowly build up in them. Mike tries to hold Tracy's hand to try to help her calm down. He can tell that Tracy's heart just broke in half after she heard what was just said. Tracy pulls her hand away and runs inside to find Amber. The tears start to fall from Tracy's eyes as she runs down the hallway. They quickly begin to mess up her vision as she bumps into Devin.

Cassidy helps Devin up and smirks after noticing that Tracy is crying.

"Tracy, did Mike break up with you?" Cassidy asks.

"Cassidy," Devin snaps.

"No, Cassidy, Mike didn't break up with me. Why would you even ask me that?" Tracy replies.

"I mean that I'm just surprised that you and Mike have stayed together as long as you have. All my research says that the chance of you two breaking up after Graduation is like 97%," Cassidy says.

"Cass, would you just drop the subject, already?" Devin says.

"Besides, I'd never hurt Tracy like that at the graduation ceremony," Mike says as he walks up.

"Then, why are you crying?" Cassidy asks.

"I think something happened to Amber, she suddenly has a case of amnesia," Tracy replies as she tries to dry her eyes.

"I know that Amber didn't hit her head at all when she fainted in the cafeteria yesterday," Devin says.

"I know, so I'm not sure why she doesn't remember who any of her classmates are. All she can recall is who her teachers are," Tracy says.

Back outside, the rangers hope that Dr. Mercer can shed some light on why Amber's memory is so foggy.

"Anton, how were you able to bring Amber back so quickly?" Dr. Oliver asks.

Before Dr. Mercer could answer the question, his phone rings, he takes it out of his pocket.

"Sorry, it's an important business call. I need to take this," Dr. Mercer says, excusing himself.

Could Mesogog and Dr. Mercer be sharing the same body somehow? I mean, it is the only explanation because it's only been ten minutes since we left his house. Dr. Oliver thinks.

A few seconds later, the warning bell rings, so Dr. Oliver tells his students to head inside. They reluctantly nod and walk inside. He waits for Dr. Mercer to finish his call so he could get an answer to his question.

"Sorry, Tommy, to answer your question, after you left, I went back to my office and stumbled upon a strange portal that took me straight to Messogog's lab. I figured out how to get to the main lab, and I managed to rescue Amber," Dr. Mercer says.

"I'd better get inside, thank you for helping Amber," Dr. Oliver says.

"You're welcome," Dr. Mercer says as he goes to his car.

Dr. Oliver walks into his classroom and is shocked to see Amber sitting with Grant and his friends. He goes over to the table where Conner and the others are seated and watched as Mike gives Tracy's hand a reassuring squeeze and tell her that everything is going to be okay.

Tracy can't focus at all though out the entire school day due to worrying about her surgery tomorrow as well as Amber's sudden memory loss. Several times in between classes, Tracy tries to jog Amber's memory with all the time they spent together on the softball team, hoping that it would help her remember who she is. But, all Amber does is shove her against the lockers. While they are in the girl's locker room changing, Tracy tries one more time to help Amber remember who she is.

Tracy's POV

"Amber, do you remember the concert at the Cybercafe?" I ask.

"Look, if we were friends, I'm sorry, whoever you are. I can't recall any memories of us," Amber says as she pushed me away.

I start to wish that I waited until we weren't standing in front of the bench to try to jog Amber's memory. The last thing I remember before everything went back is Amber shaking her head as she walks away. I groan as I slowly open my eyes and turn my head to find out that I am in the nurse's office. Mike, Edmund, and Principal Randall were standing next to me.

Principal Randall's POV

After I gave Miss Torres in-house detention once I found out what happened in the girl's locker room, I also needed to get Miss Burlew's account of the incident to make sure that I didn't have to punish her as well. If she did do something, I'm unable to do anything since her mother emailed me that Tracy wouldn't be in school tomorrow because she'll be having surgery done to remove some nodules on her vocal cords.

"Miss Burlew, can you tell me your account for what happened that caused you to end up in the nurse's office?" I ask.

Tracy tells me that Amber has amnesia, and she was upset that Amber couldn't remember who any of her classmates were or who she was. Tracy was gently trying to bring up some memories to help Amber recall those times, but Amber got upset and pushed her away. Then the next thing Tracy remembers was waking up in the nurse's office.

"I'm not going to get a detention, too, am I?" Tracy asks.

"No, I'm going to let Amber leave her detention early since this was just a big misunderstanding," I say.

"Tracy, I think we need to head to the hospital to let a doctor take a look at you, so you don't have to cancel your surgery tomorrow," Edmund says.

"Okay," Tracy sighs.

Edmund helps Tracy down off the exam table, and they sign out to go to the hospital.

So, it looks like Miss Torres' mind is a clean slate just like Lord Mesogog said now we're able to get the girl to gather all the dino gems for us.