Wait I'm A Power Ranger? Part 2

Normal POV

Dr. Oliver gets up from his chair, walks over to her, and places his hand on Tracy's shoulder. He can tell that she is still in shock about what is going on.

"Tracy, you okay?" Dr. Oliver asks again.

"Yeah just give me a minute," Tracy says.

"I know that this isn't what you were expecting to happen when you moved out here," he says calmly.

"You can say that again. But, do you need another ranger?" Tracy asks.

"We could always use the help fighting against Mesogog," he says.

"I'm guessing that Mesogog is the freak who is trying to take over the world," she says.

"He wants to return the Earth to the age of the dinosaurs. I hate to tell you this, but the thing with dino gems is that you can't choose them they choose you," he explains.

"Well, can't it UN choose me? I thought to become a Ranger you need superpowers," she says.

"You will soon enough," he says.

"Come, Dr. Oliver," Tracy says rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious," he says in a very believable tone.

"Well even if the gem did give me superpowers I don't feel any different and I can't be a Power Ranger. I don't have what it takes," she says, trying not to get extremely upset.

Tracy takes the gem out of her pocket and slams it on the table. As her hand hits the table, the force causes it to split in half.

"Ok how did I do that?" she asks in surprise.

"Looks like the gem's power is starting to bond with you and the gem wouldn't have bonded with you if you didn't have something inside you that could handle the power," he says.

"Well, that's good to know, I got stuck with super strength," she complains.

"Super strength isn't all that bad," he compliments.

"Ok, Dr. Oliver whatever you say but to become a Ranger I need a morpher too, right?" she says.

"You will soon enough. Come on there is someone I would like you to meet," Dr. Oliver says.

He picks Tracy's gem up off the floor. They walk out of the kitchen and head to the main entrance. Tracy sees a mini T-rex Skeleton sitting on a counter in the room next to the entrance. He walks over to it and touches the jaw. A trap door opens in front of her.

"Dr. Oliver, are you a science teacher or Batman?" Tracy jokes

He chuckles and asks her to follow him. They walked down a flight of stairs and reached the bottom. Tracy looks around, and she can't believe what she saw.

"Dr. Oliver, what is this place?" she asks.

"It's the command center," he answers.

"So, who did you want to meet?" she says.

Tracy turns around and sees a woman with a friendly smile on her face. She has a box in her left hand.

"Tracy this is Hayley," Dr. Oliver says, introducing me to her.

"Hi Hayley it's nice to meet you," Tracy says, shaking her right hand.

"The feeling is mutual," Hayley says, accepting my handshake.

"So what's in the box?" she asks.

"Why don't you open it and see," Hayley answers, as she gives Tracy the box.

Tracy opens the box and sees her morpher. She didn't recognize the dinosaur.

"One question, what is this dinosaur?" Tracy asks.

"It's a Gigantosaurus." Dr. Oliver answers.

"Doesn't it have some special password." Tracy answers.

"Yes, all you need to say is "Dino Thunder Power up." But first, can I see it for a second and your dino gem too?" Dr. Oliver explains.

Tracy hands the morpher and her gem to Dr. Oliver. He places it over the morpher, and it seems to disappear into the morpher. Then he gives it back to her, and she puts the morpher on her right wrist.

"Ok, well, here goes nothing. Dino Thunder Power up," Tracy yells.

Tracy does a backflip, and a few seconds later she stands in front of Hayley and Dr. Oliver in a pink ranger suit.

"How do you feel?" Hayley asks.

"I can't explain it," she answers.

"It just takes a little getting used to, trust me." Dr. Oliver says.

"Okay, Dr. Oliver whatever you say. How do I go back to normal?" she asks.

"Just say "power down," he answers.

"Power down," Tracy says crossing her arms.

After Tracy says that and changes back to her old self, she takes off the morpher and gives it back to Dr. Oliver.

"Maybe you should try to find another pink ranger. I'll only mess things up." Tracy says.

"How do you know that you haven't even gone out on the battlefield yet?" he asks.

"Trust me I'm no hero. All the monsters would say I'm weak, small, and would make a great punching bag," she says.

"Come on. Don't you think that you are overreacting just a bit because that is not what I see," Dr. Oliver says.

"Really what do you see Dr. Oliver?" Tracy asks.

"I see a strong-willed and courageous young woman who just wants to prove to the world that they shouldn't judge people by how they look on the outside because a person's true power comes from who they are on the inside," he answers.

Tracy's eyes start to fill with tears, so she takes off her glasses.

"Tracy, why are you crying?" Hayley asks.

"No one has ever picked that up about me after meeting me for the first time. My whole life people have always judged me by my how I looked on the outside. They never took the time to get to know me. Dr. Oliver, did you mean what you said?" Tracy answers all choked up.

"Yes I did," he says proudly.

Dr. Oliver walks over to her and uses his hands to wipe the tears from her eyes. Tracy puts her glasses back on.

"I would love to stay longer, but I need to open the cybercafé," Hayley says, breaking up the touching scene.

"Cybercafé, what's that?" Tracy asks.

"It's a coffee shop and a teen hangout spot here in Reefside," Hayley explains.

"Sounds cool," Tracy says.

"Do you want to check it out?" she asks.

Tracy nods with much excitement.

"Cool, I'll see you soon," she says.

Dr. Oliver and Tracy wave goodbye as she walks back up the stairs. Before they head back upstairs, Dr. Oliver puts Tracy's morpher into a case, and it changed into a bracelet like the one he wore.

"Why don't you hold on to this for a while?" Dr. Oliver asks.

"Ok, Dr. Oliver I will. I guess this means I'm officially a power ranger now." Tracy says.

"Yes. Yes, it does. So, welcome to the team." Dr. Oliver says with a smile.