College Acceptance Letters

Normal POV

The next morning Tracy woke up at 5:30 because of his latest nightmare about having to choose which college she wanted to attend in the fall. She had to choose between going back home to Michigan to go to Michigan State to study animal science or go to Jacksonville University to get a Bachelor's of Music degree. The eighteen-year-old only got three hours of sleep. Once she was awake enough, she went to the bathroom. She took a shower. After her hair was dry enough, she started to do her hair. She decided to do her hair up in a roped twisted pinwheel bun. Then she went to her closet and picked out a cream-colored Miso Embroidered Blouse, a hot pink H&M Jacket and a pair of Heydays Wine Red Suede Ankle Boots. She went to her dresser and got out some light denim blue Dondup Distressed Skinny Jeans. She laid everything down on her bed and got dressed. Afterward, she decided to make her bed. She walked over to her desk and opened her jewelry box to take out the 14KT Rose Gold Diamond Vintage-Style Star Burst Necklace her Uncle Joe gave her for her birthday.

She walks downstairs after taking her backpack off of her desk chair. She enters the kitchen and hangs her bag on the edge of her chair before sitting down. Christi turns around from the stove with a plate that has a scrambled egg sandwich on it. She also made her favorite smoothie, strawberry, banana, to drink. She sets everything down in front of her to see dark bags under Tracy's eyes.

"Honey, how much sleep did you get last night?" Christi asks.

"About three hours, I kept having the same dream about choosing what college to go to in the fall. You and dad were mad at me because I picked the wrong school and degree." Tracy says.

She kisses her on the forehead and fixes her hair before she says, "Honey, your father and I will not get mad at you over what school you decided to attend in the fall. As for the degree, you decide to pursue. We'll behind you all the way."

Tracy smiles and quickly inhales her breakfast. After she is finished eating, she gets up and slings her bag over her shoulder. Then walks over to the hook on the wall where her car keys are. She is about to take them off the hook when she hears her mom say, "I don't want you to drive to school today. It's not safe since you're so tired this morning."

Tracy turns around to face her mom. She sighs in defeat before she says, "Fine, I'll call one of my friends to give me a ride."

"Thank you, sweetie. I almost forgot you received a few letters from the Michigan State, Jacksonville University, and Ohio State admissions department in the mail yesterday," Christi says.

Christi walks over to the mail caddie that's near the phone on the wall. She takes Tracy's letters out. She walks back over to Tracy and gives them to her. Tracy takes the letters from her mom. She opens the outside pocket of her bag, places them inside, and zips it closed before putting it back on her shoulder again. Then goes back upstairs to her phone along with her purse. She puts it on her left shoulder, takes her phone off the charger and turns it on. She dials Kira's number and waits for Kira to pick up.

"Hey, Tracy, what's up I was just about to leave," Kira says.

"I need a ride to school this morning. I didn't get enough sleep last night, so my mom won't let me drive. Do you think that your mom could come to pick me up?" Tracy asks.

"Sure, my mom and I will be there in twenty minutes," Kira says.

"Thanks," Tracy says.

Meanwhile, at Kira's house, Kira puts her phone back in her pocket. Her mom, Sylvia, walks up. She looks just like Kira except her hair is shorter and has a few gray strands beginning to show. She is wearing a black Three Star Short Sleeve Plastic Button Chef Jacket, the matching vertical striped pants and a pair of slip-proof shoes.