Recovery Time Part 3, - Telling Principal Randall

Tracy's POV

I'm so happy the doctor said my ankle is back to 100 percent and the physical therapist told me that I have the green light to get back on the field. I walk into the school and go to my locker. I see Zoey standing in front of it Zoey picks me up by my collar, turns me around, and slams me against my locker.

"I want to tell you that there is no way that you're going to come with the team when we go to the state finals next week," Zoey says.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"Remember, if you tell any of the teachers that I dug that hole in right field, you will be sorry." Zoey threatens.

Zoey punches me in the stomach. I wince in pain. She lets me go, and I drop to the floor. I take a few deep breaths before I get to my feet slowly. I turn back around and open my locker. I grab my books and head to class. Science and music class go okay. Then it is time for gym class. After Mr. Johnson takes attendance, I go to the locker room to change. I change into my gym clothes and go to the mirror on the wall. I roll up my shirt and see a huge bruise on my stomach where Zoey punched me. Amber walks in and she also sees the bruise. I quickly roll down my shirt and winced in pain as my fingers touch the bruise.

"Tracy, what happened?" She asks.

"I don't want to talk about it," I answer.

"Zoey punched you, didn't she?" Amber asks.

"How did you know that?" I answer.

"Come on Tracy, the whole school knows that Zoey and Grant are an item." she answers.

Then I see the girl's track assistant coach Meredith Mendez walk in. She is in her mid-30s. She is very short and muscular with soft features, medium, curly, reddish-brown hair and green eyes.

"Amber, you need to go back to class. I would like to talk to your friend alone." Meredith says.

Amber nods and leaves the room. We walk into her office.

"I used to work part time as ER nurse at the hospital. Can I take a look at the bruise?" Meredith asks.

I roll up my shirt again and she touches the bruise. I wince in pain. She wraps up the bruise and rolls my shirt back down gently.

"Have you said anything to any of your teachers about this?" Meredith asks.

"I can't tell because if I do I'm dead after school," I answer.

"Look you can't keep this a secret forever you know," Meredith says.

"I know," I say.

I thank her for helping me then I head to class. After Gym, I go back to my locker to get my lunch. On the way to the cafeteria, Mike walks up to me. He hugs me from behind. I wince in pain as his hands touch the bruise on my stomach.

"Hey Mikey, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing much" he answers.

"Tracy, are you ok?" he asks.

"Yes, I'm fine," I answer.

I know that Mike can tell that I am lying so he walks backward into another hallway. Mike lets me go and I turn around to face him.

"Zoey hurt you earlier today didn't she?" he asks.

I nod.

"Tracy, you can't keep this up. You need to tell Dr. Oliver about this." He says.

"Mike, I can't do that. If I do Zoey is going to beat the stuffing out of me." I say.

Dr. Oliver's POV