Unplanned Trip to Space Part 2

Andros's POV

"I'll stay behind and help Kira," Carlos says.

"Okay," I say.

We teleport to the ship, I take Tracy to the infirmary and the others head back to the bridge. I walk in the room and put her down on the exam table. Alpha walks in and gets to work. He picks up the scanner and runs it over Tracy's body. A few seconds after Alpha puts the scanner away, Tracy starts to come around. I look down at her and watch her eyes flutter a few times, before opening slowly. She turns her head to the left.

"Where am I? Who are you?" Tracy asks.

"I'm Andros. You're on the Astro Megaship in the medical bay." I say.

"Okay, Andros, where are my friends?" Tracy asks.

"Kira went back to get the machine that brought you three here. Mike is with the others on the bridge waiting for us."

"I guess that we should head there now and let them know that I'm okay," Tracy says.

Tracy turns her head again so she is staring at the ceiling. She quickly sits up. I can tell she is starting to feel lightheaded when she starts swaying back and forth. I place my hand on her shoulder and gently lay her back down.

"You need to take it easy. You took a really hard hit out there." I say.

"I got that from when I started to feel lightheaded," Tracy says in a sarcastic tone.

"How did you get that bruise above your elbow on your right arm?" I ask.

"I was in a karate tournament yesterday. In the third round, the sparring round, during the match that is where my opponent's hand hit me after I dodge his front thrust kick." Tracy says honestly.

"Why didn't you tell someone that you got hurt?" I ask.

"I didn't want my team to be disqualified from the tournament because I was hurt," Tracy says in the same tone.

"That's a pretty good answer," I say.

"Can I ask a question?" Tracy asks.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask.

"Do you know why I couldn't morph?" Tracy asks.

"I don't, but I think Alpha might," I say.

Alpha walks over to us. He is carrying a clipboard in his hand.

"I just ran a few tests. It looks like your powers are being blocked." Alpha says.

Normal POV

Meanwhile, in the city, Kira and Carlos walk down the path through the woods. They arrive at the hollow log where the machine is hidden. Kira moves the boulder out of the opening reaches in the log and slowly takes the machine out. Carlos is in awe, seeing the advanced machine in Kira's hands.

"That looks so awesome, who made that?" Carlos asks.

"Hayley, she is the brainiac of our team," Kira says.

"How does it work?" Carlos asks.

"Honestly, Hayley lost me once she started using a bunch a technical and scientific terms and I didn't know what they meant," Kira answers.

"Gotcha," Carlos says.

Carlos contacts the others back on the ship telling them that he and Kira found the machine and they're coming aboard. A few seconds later they are back on the ship. Carlos shows Kira to the bridge and Andros, Alpha and Tracy walk up to them.

"Hey, Tracy how are you feeling?" Kira asks.

"Pretty good, I guess," Tracy says.

"I discovered that Tracy's morphing powers have been blocked." Alpha says.

"Why would someone do that?" Carlos asks.

"I think we should be asking "who", instead of "why"." Kira says.

"Good point Kira," Tracy says.

They continue to the bridge. As the doors slide open Cassie and TJ have the same look on their faces that Carlos did when he saw the machine for the first time. Kira sets it down on the table that Cassie set up.

"How does it work?" Andros asks.

"Like I told Carlos earlier, I'm not sure when it was being explained - I got confused when big technical and scientific terms were used," Kira says.

"I'm sure that Alpha can figure out how to fix it," Andros says confidently.

"That's great Andros," Tracy says smiling.

Alpha walks over to it. He looks at it carefully.

"It doesn't look too bad," Alpha says.

"How long will it take you to fix it?" Mike asks.

"I'll get to work on it right away. I should have it fixed in a few days." Alpha says.

"I guess that means we're stuck here," Mike whispers.

Tracy looks over at Mike and sees a frustrated expression appear on his face. She knows how badly he wanted to get back to Reefside. She hopes that the others back home would believe that Rita put a spell on him. Alpha walks over to one of the monitors. He starts typing and logs into one of the satellites that orbit the planet. He finds some old data that Tracy and the others need to see.

"Tracy, I think that I figured out who blocked our morphing powers." Alpha says.

"That's great Alpha, but what happened to your voice? It sounds like you swallowed a chipmunk or inhaled a helium balloon." Tracy says.

"My speech circuit board got damaged when the power chamber exploded," Alpha explains.

"When I fixed him I didn't have a computer chip with his original voice," Andros adds.

"I guess that I have to get used to it. Anyway, what did you find, Alpha?" Tracy asks.

"I found some footage from a satellite. I think that you should come over here and watch for yourself." Alpha says.

They walk over to him and he presses play. They see Rita's castle appear in the far left-hand corner of the shot. A few seconds later a green beam floats from the castle flies through space and hits a house.

"That explains so much," Tracy says.

"I guess that Rita has a thing against the color pink, as well as green," Kira says.

"It looks like it. We don't have to go to school while we are stuck here, do we?" Tracy says.

"You got lucky. Semester break started today," Carlos says.

Tracy looks up to the heavens. She mouths "thank you". Then she looks over at the space rangers and sees them snickering.

"What's so funny?" Tracy asks.

"Your reaction to hearing that you didn't have to go to school, that's all. Is going to school really that bad?" Andros asks.

"If you're a senior, yes, all you hear is your fellow classmate saying how many days are left until the last day of school, where they are going to college or what they are going to wear to prom. It's like they are in such a hurry to become an adult and join the real world, instead of taking their time to make memories they'll always remember." Tracy says.

"That's true, but things are going to slow down." Kira says.

"I know," Tracy says.

"How about if we head to the mall," Cassie asks, as she changes the subject slightly.

"Sounds good to me, as long as we don't do any clothes shopping," Tracy says.

"What about hitting the music store?" Kira asks.

"That sounds great," Tracy says.