Tracy's Singing Issues, Part 2- Surgery?!

Normal POV

Tracy has finished a week of vocal therapy and gone back to the doctor. She and her parents are waiting in the exam room for the doctor to come in. Tracy nervously taps the heels of her shoes against the front of the big black chair which is next to the where the scope the doctor used to look at her vocal cords. Christi looks away from her watch and sees her husband trying to calm down their nervous and scared daughter. She knows that Tracy is more worried than she is to find out whether or not she can sing at the concert at school in two weeks. She gets up from her chair and walks over to her. She sees a few tears start to form in Tracy's eyes as she looks up at her. Christi wraps her arms around her, and gives her a soft hug in an attempt to calm her fears, as well as her nerves.

"Mom, I think we should just go back home." Tracy says.

"Honey, I know you're scared, but we need to know if the therapy worked," Christi says.

Tracy is about to try again to convince her to leave, when she hears the hinges on the door squeak. As the doctor walks in, he is carrying the clipboard in his hands. The doctor walks over to Tracy and her mom.

"Tracy, are you ready?"The doctor asks.

Tracy tries to remain positive and nods. Christi walks back over to her husband so the doctor can work. After he completes the full head and neck part of the exam, the Doctor numbs one side of Tracy's nose with the spray. Tracy gets into the proper position so the doctor can get the best results for her test before he slides the scope inside. He looks over at the screen and isn't too impressed by what he sees. Tracy slowly sits back after the doctor removes the scope.

"So, doctor, can I sing at the last choir concert at school?" Tracy asks.

"I'm afraid it will depend on how well your vocal cords heal if you choose to go through with the surgery to remove the nodules," The doctor answers.

Tears start to stream down Tracy's cheeks. Benjamin gets up from his chair and goes over to Tracy to give his daughter a hug since his heart is breaking seeing her cry. Tracy sets her head on her dad's chest as more tears continue to flow from her eyes.

"So, if we go through with the surgery, are there any side effects?" Christi says.

"It's a minor procedure, but there is a slight chance that her voice may be permanently altered. I'll give you time to decide what to do. If you decide to go through with it, I'll call one of my fellow colleagues Dr. Calhoun. He is one of the best surgeons in the state and he lives in Silver Hills," The doctor says.

"Thank you, doctor," Christi says.

The doctor nods before he leaves the room. After Tracy calmed down, they leave the office and Tracy gets into her car and drives to Dr. Oliver's to fill the team in on what just happened.

Tracy's POV

I still can't believe that the only option I have now is surgery to remove the nodules on my vocal cords. When I pull into Dr. Oliver's driveway, I see a new car parked next to Dr. O's jeep. I walk up to the front door and knock on it. Dr. O opens the door and invites me in. We walk to the kitchen and I see Kimberly sitting at the table.

"Hi, Tracy, how are you? Tommy just told me that you found out last week that you have nodules on your vocal cords," Kimberly says.

"Not too good, Kimberly. I just visited the doctor. Actually, I was hoping that the team would be here. I have some news that could change how the team operates," I say, trying my best not to sound overdramatic.

"I take it, from the tear stains under your eyes, that the news wasn't what you were hoping," Kimberly says.

Dr. Oliver calls the others over his morpher and everyone tells him they're on their way. We leave the kitchen and head down to the lab. When we enter I see Circuit is sitting on the perch Hayley made for him. He wakes up and flies over to us.

"Hey, everyone, what's wrong? My scanners haven't picked up any activity from Mesogog." Circuit says.

"Relax, Circuit. Tracy has something important to tell the team that's all," Dr. Oliver says.

"Okay, Tommy, " Circuit says, flying back over to his perch.

I sit down in one of the chairs in front of the computers. I know there is no point in asking Circuit to tell me what is going to happen to my voice if I decide to go through with the surgery. The whole not being allowed to talk about the future since it will mess up the time-space continuum or something like that scares me. I wish Jen would let him do it just this once. The next ten minutes feel like an eternity, I let out a long sigh of relief when I hear someone come down the stairs. I look up to see Wes, Jen and Eric come down.

"Hey, Wes," I say sadly.

"What's wrong with her?" Eric asks.

"She just got back from the doctor to find out whether or not her vocal nodules healed," Dr. Oliver says.

"Got it," Eric says.

They walk over to us. I look back down at my lap. I look up again when I hear my friends' voices as they come down the stairs.

"I wonder what Tracy is going to tell us," Conner says.

"Yeah, I hope she's going to say that we are going to get to hear her sing at the choir concert," Amber says.

"Me too," Kira adds.

I slowly stand up when they walk over to me.

"Okay, Tracy, spill. What did the doctor say?" Amber says eagerly.

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly, then hope I don't start crying again as I did at the doctor's office. "I have bad news, the therapy didn't work. My vocal nodules looked worse than they did a week ago. So, the only other option I have is to have surgery to remove them. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it."

"It seems pretty obvious to just have the surgery," Conner interrupts.

"Conner, you didn't let me finish. There is a chance after the surgery my voice won't sound the same,"

"It would just be temporary, right?" Amber asks.

"No, Amber, it would be permanent," I answer.

"So, what are you going to do?" Ethan asks.

I'm about to answer when the alarm goes off and Circuit flies over too. He lands on the headrest of my chair. He brings up the image on the screen behind me. Dr. Oliver, Wes, Jen, Eric and I turn around as the others gather around us. We look at the monitor and see what Mesogog has made to terrorize the city.

"Mesogog has sent his newest monster and it's attacking downtown," Circuit says.