Grant Gets Expelled

Normal POV

Tracy got her purse from her locker and put her acceptance letters in it. She and Edmund walk back into the main office and sign out. Edmund hands in his visitor's pass, and they head out to his car. He drives to the emergency room. When they pull into the hospital parking lot, Tracy looks out the window to see the 'Emergency Room' sign.

"I thought we were going to the doctor, not the emergency room," Tracy says.

"Sorry Cuz, but I'd feel better if an emergency room doctor checked you out instead of your primary care doctor," Edmund says.

Edmund shuts off the engine, and they walk inside. Tracy noticed that the receptionist was the same person working the day of her first softball game when she broke her ankle.

"Tracy, what happened?" The nurse asks.

"I finally stood up to the bully who had been picking on me since my first day of school. He tackled me to the floor, and I hit my head," Tracy answers.

"Who brought you in today?"

"My cousin Edmund," Tracy answers.

Edmund introduced himself to the nurse, and she thanked him for his service.

"You're welcome, Ma'am. When will the doctor be able to see us?" Edmund asks.

"Dr. Anderson will be out in twenty minutes,"

"Okay," Edmund says.

They walk over to the chair in the waiting room.

"I forgot to tell you I got into Michigan State and even got a softball Scholarship," Tracy says.

"That's great. Is it okay if I read the letter?" Edmund asks.

"Sure," Tracy answers.

Tracy takes the letters out of her purse and hands them to her cousin. Edmund looks down at the envelope from Michigan State and notices that the Michigan State letterhead isn't straight. He takes out the letter, sees several misspelled words, and notices that the person who wrote it didn't format it correctly. He wants to tell his cousin it's fake but knows this isn't the right time or place to do it. He puts the letter back inside the envelope and gives it back to her.

"Congrats," Edmund says.

"Thanks, I can't wait to tell Mom and Dad," Tracy says.

Tracy put it back in her purse. They sit in silence until they hear Dr. Anderson walking up to them.

"Hi, Tracy," Dr. Anderson says.

"Hello, Dr. Anderson. Can we get started now? I want to get back to school in time to sing in music class," Tracy says.

Dr. Anderson chuckles and leads them to his exam room. Edmund sits down in one of the chairs against the wall. Tracy sits down on the exam table, and Dr. Anderson walks over to her. Tracy tells him everything that happened leading up to when Grant tackled her to the floor. Dr. Anderson starts his exam and finds a small bump on the back of her head. He takes out a small flashlight from his pocket. He turns it on and moves it back and forth in front of Tracy's eyes.

"Follow the light with your eyes, please. So, did you feel dizzy after you hit your head?" Dr. Anderson asks.

"A little," Tracy answers honestly.

"Did your vision get blurry?" Dr. Anderson asks.

"For a few seconds," Tracy answers.

Dr. Anderson is happy to see that she is able to follow the light perfectly. He turns off the flashlight and puts it away. "I'm going to test your balance and coordination now. Can you stand on one foot, please?"

Welcome to ReefsideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara