Aunt Elizabeth lost her Cancer Battle

Tracy's POV

It's Saturday, so I head to the cyber cafe to chill. I walk inside and see Mike has ordered me a smoothie. I walk over to him. After I thank him, we walk over to the couch under the window and sit down. The gang is there too. Kira is rocking out on stage with her band. Halfway through the song, I feel my pocket vibrate. I reach into my pocket to look at my phone. I see my mom's picture on the screen. I knew she only calls me if it's really important.

"Sorry Mike, I got to take this," I say.

"Okay, darling, hurry back." He says.

He kisses me on the cheek. I smile and kiss him back. Then I get up and walk out of the room.

"Hey, mom, what's up?" I ask.

"Tracy, I have some bad news. Uncle Sergio just called. He told me that Aunt Elizabeth lost her battle with breast cancer." Mom says, sounding all choked up.

After I hear those words, the phone falls out of my hand, but I catch it before it hits the ground.

"Tracy, are you still there?" Mom asks.

"Yes, mom but the doctors said she was cancer free after the last round of chemotherapy," I say.

"They did say that, but the last treatment took too much out of her." mom says.

"Did the doctors know this would happen?" I ask.

"Yes, sweetheart." Mom replies.

"If they knew this would happen. Why did they go through with it? It doesn't make any sense." I say.

"Sweetheart, I'll explain everything later. I have to call the rest of the family to tell them the news." Mom says.

"Okay, mom, see you later," I say.

I hang up. I put my phone back in my pocket, wipe the tears from my eyes, and walk back into the cafe.

Mike's POV

Tracy walks back over to me, and I can tell that she is upset.

"Hey Angel, what's wrong?" I ask.

"My mom called to tell me about my aunt Elizabeth. She lost her battle with breast cancer." She says.

"Tracy, I'm so sorry," I say.

I get up from the couch. I walk over to her and give her a hug. Tracy sets her head in my chest and starts to cry.

Normal POV

A few seconds later Tracy's communicator goes off. Tracy takes her head off of Mike's chest and dries the tears from her eyes.

"Are you okay," Mike asks.

"Yes," She says.

Tracy kisses him on the cheek. Then she leaves the cafe and heads to the lab. As Tracy walks into the lab, Dr. Oliver turns around in his chair, he sees Tracy's red eyes and concludes that she's been crying.

"Tracy, is everything okay?" Dr. Oliver asks.

"Yes, Dr. O everything is fine. Why do you ask?" Tracy replies.

"You look heartbroken; that's all." He says.

"I just got some sad news about my family, that's all, but I don't want to talk about it." She says.

"Good we don't want to hear about it." Conner jokes.

"Conner, this isn't the best time to make jokes, can't you see that she is upset," Kira says.

"Kira, I appreciate what you are doing. Can we just get to the reason why we're here, please?" Tracy says politely.

Kira nods and Tracy walks over to her chair. She sits down and listens as Dr. Oliver fills the team in on the current situation with Mesogog. Tracy tries to stay focused on what Dr. Oliver is saying. The only thing on her mind is memories of her Aunt Elizabeth.