Amber's Silent Treatment

Sorry about the long wait for the new chapter the usual writer's block. If you were worried that this story was dead - good news it's not.

Tracy's POV

The next morning I walk outside to my car to see Kimberly walking up to me.

"Hi, Kimberly, what are you doing here this morning?" I ask.

"I thought we could carpool to school?" Kimberly says.

"Sounds good, my car is low on gas," I reply.

We go over to her car. I get into the passenger seat. After she backs out of the driveway, I let out a heavy sigh seeing the pink dino gem on her wrist. I turn my head to look out the windshield.

"So, did you get a job at the school? If you did what about your training for the next Pan Global Games?"

"Yes, I'm working as an assistant for the music teacher. As for my training, I have to wait till next year for the next PanGlobal Games. So you don't have to worry about that." Kimberly says.

"So, was you getting the job Dr. O's idea?"

"Yes," Kimberly answers.

"At least you'll get to hear Kira sing," I sigh.

"You'll be singing again in no time," Kim says.

"But we don't know what my voice is going to sound like," I reminded her.

"I know, but for now, try your best not to focus on your surgery. I know Tommy won't like it if your look distracted during his lecture," Kim says.

"Ok," I say.

Kim pulls into the staff lot, and parks next to Dr. O's jeep. We get out and head inside the school. After I go to my locker to put my things away, I visit Amber at her locker.

"Hey, Amber," I greet.

Amber didn't even acknowledge me. She grabs one of her books and heads to her first class.

Okay, what did I do? Why did Amber ignore me like that?

I'm still in shock that I didn't notice Trent walking up behind me. I jump when I feel him tap me on the shoulder. After I recover, I turn around to face him.

"Sorry, Tracy, I didn't mean to scare you," Trent says.

"It's okay Trent," I say.

"So, did you and Amber talk about the upcoming sports award ceremony," Trent asks.

"No, Amber didn't even say hi to me. She just grabbed one of her books and walked away," I reply.

"That's odd, Amber is normally really chatty before school starts," Trent says.

"Do you have any clue why she is suddenly giving me the silent treatment?" I ask.

Trent shakes his head no. Then the warning bell rings, and we head off to our first class. I sit down next to Kira and look over at Mike. I feel my stomach do backflips as I watch him trip another student and laugh. The student quickly gets to his feet and goes over to the table near him and sits down.

I want to get the real Mike back as soon as possible. I hate seeing act opposite of his usual self.

The bell rings again, and Dr. O takes attendance and starts his lecture on volcanoes. When it goes off signaling the end of the class, I'm about to leave when Dr. O asks me to stay since he wanted to talk to me.

"Hey, Dr. O what's wrong was there something wrong with my term paper?" I ask.

"No, your paper was excellent, you seemed a little distracted today? Is there something else bothering you other than your surgery," Dr. O asks.

"Sorry, Dr. O, but Amber ignore me this morning when I went to talk to her,"

"That doesn't sound like her." Dr. O says.

"I know. I hope I didn't do anything to make Amber mad at me," I say.

"I'll talk to her later and try to get to the bottom of it," Dr. O says.

"Thank you, Dr. O," I say.

Amber's POV

Okay giving Tracy the cold shoulder isn't being the model teammate, but I need to find a way to Mesogog's lab myself to hand over my Dinogem. It what's best for the team.

I head to gym class and try not to make eye contact with Conner or Tracy as I walk into the gymnasium. Mr. Jonas takes attendance, and I sprint out to the locker room once he finished and told us that we are practicing for the Presidential physical fitness test today. I change as fast as I can so Tracy wouldn't have a chance to talk to me. I get into the line to warm up before we head outside to do the mile run. My time is 9:55 and sit down on the bleachers and wait for the rest of the class to finish. I see Tracy struggle to keep up with one of the other girls in the class and watch her pass out from pushing herself too hard as she completes the run. I remember her telling me that she wasn't the faster runner. Conner helped Tracy to the nurse's office since Mr. Jonas wanted to make sure she would be alright.

I'm happy to see her when I walk into the lunch room. She is sitting with the gang. I didn't want to sit with them so I 'pretend' not to hear Conner when he called me over. I sit down at the table where the rest of the Softball team is sitting. I usually didn't have any problems when I ate Shrimp but for some reason today when I bit into it and swallow it. I get a sudden stomach cramp, and my mouth starts to get all tingly. A few seconds later everything begins to spin around me as dizzy spell hits me. Then everything goes black as I hear one of the girls shouting my name.

My bad with the cliffhanger LOL.