Planning a trip to Mesogog's Fortress

Amber's POV

I groan and slowly open my eyes. After my vision returns to normal, I look around, and I discover that I'm in the back of an ambulance. I do my best not to panic. A few seconds later, my heart starts to race, and I'm afraid that it may jump out of my chest. As I look up to see the face of one of the paramedics looking down at me, I try to sit up, but she puts her hand on my chest.

"Calm down, sweetheart, you're okay," She says in a reassuring tone, as she lays me back down the stretcher.

"What happened?" I ask, "The last thing I remember is eating lunch at school."

"You fainted after having a serious allergic reaction when you ate the shrimp," she says, "The school contacted your mom, and she'll meet us at the hospital. I'm afraid you won't be going back till tomorrow morning," she continues.

Normal POV

In the emergency room, Amber's mother, Zuri, is playing with her wedding band as she waits for the ambulance to arrive with her daughter. She is happy that her boss let her go on her break early to rush to the hospital. The past few minutes felt like hours even though the doctor told her that Amber was awake and alert. She is upset that Amber didn't have her epi-pen with her since this was her second time having an anaphylactic reaction after eating shrimp. She quickly stands up when the sound of the ambulance's siren echoes into her ears as it pulls up. The teen's mother runs up to paramedics as Amber is brought in.

"Mom, I'm sorry you had to leave work," Amber says.

Zuri wipes a few tears away from her daughter's eyes before fixing her hair. "Sweetie, you don't have to apologize, I'm glad that you're alright. But tomorrow, we're going to discuss the importance of remembering to bring your epi pen with you to school,"

Amber nods and Zuri kisses her on the forehead before the paramedics take the teen to admit her. Zuri goes out to her car and sits down in the driver's seat. She calls the school to inform them that Amber is alright and will be back to school the next morning. Then she goes back to work.

Meanwhile, at school, Tracy heads to PreCalculus Class but can't focus, she is too preoccupied about whether Amber was going to be alright or not after she was wheeled out on the stretcher. Mr. Johnson looks away from the chalkboard and sees Tracy isn't writing anything down in her notebook.

"Miss Burlew, is there some reason why you haven't written anything down?" Mr. Johnson asks.

"I'm sorry Mr. Johnson, I guess I'm still freaked out about what happened at lunch today," Tracy says.

"Miss Burlew, I'm sure that was a terrifying experience seeing one of your fellow students collapsing in the cafeteria and leaving on a stretcher. But, please try to focus on the lesson," Mr. Johnson says.

"Yes, sir," Tracy says.

Twenty minutes later, the bell rings again, and Tracy gathers her things then starts to leave the room. She goes over to Mike's desk. Two days ago, Mike had asked Mr. Johnson if he could move because he didn't want to sit next to Tracy anymore. Mike quickly stands up as she gets closer to him. He grabs her wrist, starts to tighten his grip, then quickly pulls her towards him. Everything in Tracy's arms falls onto the floor as the room fills with gasps of horror.

"Relax, Pink Ranger, I won't hurt you and risk your secret identity. Meet me after school at our special spot, and we'll do battle there," Mike whispers.

When Mike sees Mr. Johnson dash over to them, he lets her go and stomps out of the room. Tracy takes a few seconds to allow her nerves to calm down.

"Miss Burlew, are you okay?" Mr. Johnson asks.

"Yes, I'm fine," Tracy says.

"Do you know why Mike is acting so strangely?" Mr. Johnson asks, "From what I just witnessed I'm very concerned about your safety," Mr. Johnson continues as he notices the marks on Tracy's wrist from her bracelet as he turns her hand over to look at it.

"Don't worry, Mr. Johnson, everything is alright between us, but I don't know why he is acting like this," Tracy answers.

Tracy quickly picks up her things and runs out of the room. She stops at her locker to get everything she needs for English class. She decides to make a quick stop by Dr. Oliver's class since she remembers that he didn't have to teach a lesson at the end of the day.

Dr. Oliver finishes putting in the last few grades from the previous test he gave into the computer when he hears the door to the classroom open. He looks away from the screen to see Tracy walk in. He sees the small remnants of fear in Tracy's eyes since she still can't stop thinking about what just happened in Mr. Johnson's class.

Dr. Oliver's POV

The look of fear in Tracy's eyes has me feeling a little uneasy. I get up from my desk and walk over to her.

"Tracy, did something just happen between you and Mike?" I ask as I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, I'm scared that Rita's spell has complete control over him now." Tracy answers, "I think he just challenged me to fight him at our special place after school today," Tracy continues.

"Tracy, you can't go since you don't have your powers," I say.

"I know, but what am I supposed to do?" Tracy asks, as her voice begins to crack, "I'm still worried about my surgery on Friday. I need him by my side. Not to mention, Amber as well," Tracy continues.

"Don't worry, we will break Rita's spell over Mike before your surgery," I say confidently, "As for Amber you don't have to worry about her anymore, I just got an email from Principal Randall. Amber will be back in school tomorrow morning," I continue.

Amber's POV

I'm getting bored sitting in my bed in my hospital room and reach over to the table next to my bed. I pick up my phone and after I check the time I see I have twenty minutes left till school gets out. So, I have to wait to call Trent to tell him that I want to go to Mesogog's fortress before school tomorrow. I groan as I flip through the channels on the TV in my room, unable to find anything good to watch. I get out of the bed and head to the game room that the nurse told me about when she came in to give me some lunch since I didn't eat much at school.

I walk into the game room and see they have a PlayStation 2 set up. I go over to it and look through the games in the plastic container near it. Most of the games are for the younger kids since they were rated E or Y-7 since I couldn't find any rated T. I settled on Disney's Fillmore!: Back in Action. I set the alarm on my phone to let me know when I could call Trent. Then I started playing. When I hear my phone begin to buzz, I pick it up, turn off the alarm and dial Trent's number and wait for him to pick up.

"Hey, Amber, everyone is glad that you're okay," Trent says.

"Thanks, Trent, but I'm curious, do you know another way to get to Mesogog's fortress?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. You can use the Invisiportal that's at my house; it's inside my dad's office." Trent says, "I found it one day, and it took me straight there, but why do you want to go there?" Trent asks.

"I'm going to do something that I feel is best for the team," I answer, "I'm going to give Mesogog my dino gem. Are you going to help me out?" I ask.

There are a few seconds of silence on the other end as I wait for Trent to respond. He says yes. Then I tell him about my plan. He and his dad will meet my mom here tomorrow morning. Then after mom signs me out, they will offer to take me out to breakfast before taking me to school. We say goodbye, and I go back to my room since I'm already tired of playing video games.

Normal POV

Trent puts his phone back in his pocket before grabbing his bag out of his locker. He goes outside to meet up with the others.

"Hey, Trent, what took you so long?" Ethan asks.

"Yes, I was going to send a search party back in to find you," Tracy jokes.

"Sorry, guys, my dad called me," Trent lies.

"Let's head to the lab, I'd like to see if we can figure out why Amber was acting so strange today," Tracy says.

Tracy offers to give Trent a ride. He nervously gets into her car.

I hope that Tracy won't be mad at me when I tell them that Amber just called me and that she wants to go to Mesogog's fortress to surrender her dino gem to him. Trent thinks as he buckles up.