Homecoming

Tracy's POV

I wish that I hadn't fractured my clavicle the day before the homecoming dance. Now my dress wasn't going to look as pretty on me as it did when I tried it on in the store. I was at Hayley's sitting at one of the tables near the stage listening to Kira play a new song. The truth of the matter was, I was only half listening because my mind was still stuck on the dance later today. After she finishes the song she walks over to me.

"So, what do you think?" She asks.

"It was great," I answer.

"You weren't listening at all were you?" she asks.

"No, I'm sorry Kira. I guess I'm still nervous about the dance tonight." I answer honestly.

Kira tells me that she isn't mad at me because she knows that this is my first time going to a dance with a date.

A few days ago Miss May had informed that I was singing the solo in the concert for the entire student body next week. I figured that I should practice the song I was going to sing for the concert. I found the cords for a song from one of my favorite movies when I was a little kid.

I ask Kira if she could play the guitar for me because I have tried to play the guitar before, but it was more difficult than I originally thought. She says that she would love to. I take the sheet music out of the folder then hand it to her. We walk back up to the stage. Kira starts to play "It Takes All Sorts" from The Land Before Time IV. I start to sing after Kira plays the intro.

As Kira plays the last note I hear the sound of faint applause. I see the gang standing in front of the stage. I hop down from the stage and walk over to them.

"I never heard that song before," Conner says.

"That's because it's from a movie you never heard of The Land Before Time," I say with a smile.

"So, are you still going to the dance tonight?" Conner asks.

"I don't know. You have to wait and see." I answer.

I am happy that my mom found some bandages that are the same color as my dress. I'm standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom to check my hair for the fourth time. Mom walks into the room a few seconds later. She tells me that I look really pretty. I thank her. Then we hear the doorbell ring.

"Wow, Mike is right on time," I say.

Mom leaves the room to go downstairs to let him in.

Mike's POV

I'm very nervous as the front door to Tracy's house opens. Tracy's mom invites me in. I slowly walk into the house and compliment how beautiful the interior is. Tracy's mom accepts the compliment and calls up the stairs.

"Tracy, come on down." Tracy's mom calls.

"I'm coming, mom." I hear Tracy call back down the stairs.

I stand at the bottom of the stairs waiting for Tracy to come down. A few seconds later I see Tracy walk down the stairs in a fuchsia gown with pink roses going down the right side with silver sequins around the bust area. Her hair is up in a bun but had a few curls hanging down on either side of her face.

"Wow, you look beautiful," I say with a smile.

"Really, Mike?"She asks smiling back.

"Yes," I reply.

"Mike, I wasn't sure if I was going to go to the dance at all." She admits.

"Why?"I ask.

"I thought that I wouldn't look that pretty in my dress because of my bad shoulder." She replies.