Black Belt Test Part 2

Dr. Oliver's POV

We are waiting for the doctor to come out to tell us about Tracy's condition. A woman around the age of 35 walks over to me. She has jade-colored eyes, cream colored skin, and long luxurious, straight brown hair.

"Hello I'm Harmony. You must me my niece's science teacher." she says.

"Yes, I am Dr. Oliver." I say.

I ask her if the hospital had contacted Tracy's parents to tell them what was going on. She tells me the hospital did, but their bosses said that they couldn't come until their next break. Tracy's mom called her and told her to come instead. I'm shocked at the kind of bosses Tracy's parents had to work for. The four of us continue to wait for the doctor.

Ten minutes later the doctor finally walks out. He has hooded brown eyes that are like two acorn, chocolate brown skin, and silky, curly, short dark chocolate hair. He has a full beard and a prominent moustache.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Erik Zimmerman." Erik says.

"How is she doc?" Mike asks.

"She just woke up but we want to keep her overnight for observation." Erik explains.

"What was wrong with her?" Mike asks.

"She fractured her clavicle and strained a few tendons in her right shoulder as well." Erik answers.

"Can we see her?" Mike asks.

"Mike, stop badgering the doctor." I tell him.

"It's all right I'm used to this happening to me. Yes, follow me. I'll show you to her room." Erik says calmly.

Tracy's POV

I wake up in a hospital bed with my right arm in a sling and an IV needle in my left arm. My head is a little foggy. I look to my left and I see Mike's face.

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"OK I guess, but why am I in the hospital? The last thing I remember is sparing with Dr. O." I reply.

"You blacked out after he hit you with his blazing fast kick. I'm positive that you're going to get your black belt." He says with a smile.

Mike runs his fingers through my hair. I know he is just trying to make me feel better.

"I doubt it Mike. It looks like I'm just going to have to wait till next year to try again." I say sadly.

"You won't have to wait that long Tracy." Master Jason says.

He enters the room with a frame in his hand, face down.

"What do you mean Master Jason?" I ask confused.

He goes over to my bed and hands me the frame. He tells me to turn the frame over. I turn it over and inside is my black belt certificate.

"I don't understand. Didn't I lose the match against Dr. Oliver.?" I ask.

"Yes, but during the match you showed great strength and mastery of the skills needed to earn your black belt." Jason tells me.

"Thank you so much sir. Where is the belt?" I ask.

He tells me that he will present me with my belt once I'm released. The next morning back at the Karate school I was so happy that all my friends and family had come to see me get my black belt. I stand in the front of the room in my Karate uniform (the right arm dangled to one side because of my sling). A few minutes later Master Jason walks into the room with the black belt in his hand.

"Tracy, please step forward. Today is one day that every master looks forward to. The day he gets to give one of his students a black belt." he says proudly.

After he does the traditional motion with the belt, as he has with every student once they advanced in rank. He asks Dr. Oliver to help me untie my brown belt and to replace it with my black belt. He asks me to turn around so that I face everyone who showed up today. Everyone claps as I look over at my parents. I see tears of joy flowing from their eyes.

"Well I did it. This is one of the best days of my life." I think to myself.

I turn back around to face master Jason and Dr. Oliver. He hands me back my brown belt. all folded up neatly. I bow to him.

"Thank you for helping me get ready for my test. If it weren't for you, this never would have happened." I mouth to him.

Then I bow to master Jason and give him a look to thank him for everything he did during my training over the years.

AN: I promise the Homecoming dance is coming soon. Review are appreciated.