Telling Devin

Tracy's POV

Wes parks the car and I start to feel my stomach do backflips as I undo my seatbelt. I get out and walk to the front door of the cafe. A few moments later I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I know screaming isn't a good idea since it could damage my voice even more, so I bite my cheek before I turn around. I see Hayley standing behind me and I let out a long sigh of relief as I place my hand over my heart.

"Geez, Hayley, thanks for the mini heart attack,"

"Sorry, Tracy I didn't mean to scare you. Why are you here?" Hayley says.

"I called Devin and asked him to meet me here. I was going to tell him about my other after-school activity," I reply.

"Why did you tell the others about your plan?" Hayley asks.

"I was a little afraid that they would think I'm crazy for trusting Devin with this information," I answer, "So, why are you here?"

"I still need to do a truck order for next week,"

I let her unlock the door and we walk inside. I sit down on the couch underneath the window to wait for Devin. I take a few deep breathes trying to get myself to calm down. I take out my phone and see that I still have five minutes till he gets here.

I hope that Devin will come alone. If Cassidy shows up, I'll end up on the news at school again.

I look up, from my phone, and see that Hayley has the stage set up for Kira and her band to play. I start to think about the surgery again. I try not to think of the worse case scenario, but I'm scared that I might not be able to sing again after the surgery. Luckily, my thoughts are interrupted when I hear the door tap against the wall. I turn my head to see Devin walk in. I wave to him and he comes over.

"So, what is this big news you wanted to tell me?" Devin asks.

"I'm sure you already know about the nodules on my vocal cords,"

"Yes, but I heard you where in vocal therapy all last week," Devin says.

"I went to the doctor today and found out that the therapy didn't work,"

"Does that mean you'll need surgery to remove them?" Devin asks.

"Yes, but that isn't the only thing I wanted to tell you," I take deep breath before I continue, "I'm not sure if you're going to believe me if I tell you, but I'm a Power Ranger,"

"Tracy, quit kidding around," Devin chuckles, "Don't take this the wrong way even though you're a black belt in karate. I can't picture you as the superhero type,"

I flick my wrist so my morph will activate and raise it up so Devin can see it. He stops chuckling and gasps in disbelief.

"So, can I see you in your suit?" Devin asks.

"I'm sorry Devin, but I can't do that,"

"How come?"

"A coating on my gem is preventing me from morphing, but you'll be a member of the team soon," I say, "If I can convince Conner and the others that you can be trusted to not tell anyone especially Cassidy, about our other "after-school club." Devin. can I trust you?"

Devin's POV

I can't believe that Conner is a Power Ranger. Wait, I could be a Power Ranger? Cassidy is trying to get a job at the local TV station. She did promise to get the identity of one of the rangers. I can't tell her about this. Tracy has been through enough as it is.

"Yes, I won't tell Cassidy you have my word,"

"Great," Tracy says.

Tracy gets up off the couch. Before we leave, Tracy tells me to ask Hayley if she can keep my scooter locked up inside the cafe while we go to 'the lab' to meet up with the others. Hayley says yes. After I put my scooter in the hallway, between the front door and the main entrance, Tracy and I walk to her car. I see a guy get out of the driver's side and walk up to us.

"Devin, this is Wes," Tracy says.

"Nice to meet you, Devin," Wes says, holding out his right hand.

I shake his hand and see he has something on his wrist. It wasn't a watch. "Hi, Wes, what is that on your wrist?"

"It's my Chrono morpher," Wes says.

"He is a Power Ranger too," I gasp.

"Yes, and he isn't the only one I'll get a chance to destroy," an evil voice says.

Tracy and I turn around and see a green power ranger along with some of those weird things that attacked Ethan that one time.

"Mike, you have to fight it. You're not evil," Tracy says.

"Mike is a Power Ranger too," I gasp.

"Yes, and those things coming at us are called Tyrannodrones," Tracy says.

I look over at Tracy and see her rubbing her temples like she is trying to fight off a dizzy spell. I quickly move to get behind her as she starts to lose her balance. A few seconds later, she falls backward, and I catch her before she hits the ground.

"Devin, take Tracy somewhere safe," Wes says.

"You got it, Wes,"

I take Tracy back inside the cafe and lay her down on the couch.

If Mike is a Power Ranger, why is he fighting for the wrong side? Once Tracy wakes up I'm sure she'll explain everything. Man, I hope the others won't freak out when they find out that Tracy told me about their secret.