New school and new friends

Normal POV

"We're here so what do you think?" Mike asks as the bus pulls up next to the school.

"It's ok I guess it's a little bigger than my old school back home," Tracy answers finally saying something for the first time since he asked her what's her name.

"I'll show you around before class starts." he offers.

"You don't have to do that you know," Tracy says trying to be as modest as possible.

"I know, but I want too," he says still smiling.

"Okay, if you insist," Tracy says.

They get up from the seat, and Mike hands Tracy her things. She puts her book bag back on her back and carries her lunch in her left hand. They exit the bus.

"You came from Michigan." He says noticing her Michigan State backpack.

"Yup," Tracy says quickly.

"Why?" He asks curiously.

"You'll find out soon enough if you have any of the same class with me. I bet the teacher will want me to tell the class about myself like they do with all the new kids." Tracy says trying to make a joke.

"Can't wait, can I see you schedule for a second," He says.

"I guess so," Tracy says shyly.

She takes her book bag off and unzips the front pocket. Then takes out her schedule and hands it to Mike.

"Well, what do you know we have Science class together with Dr. Oliver, " He says still smiling like an idiot.

"That's pretty lucky I guess," Tracy says trying not to blush.

Mike hands Tracy's schedule back to her, and she puts it back in her book bag. She puts it back on her back.

"Don't you think that we should head inside now?" He asks sweetly.

Tracy nod and Mike grabs hold of her right hand to lead her inside. As soon as his hand touches hers, she feels her heart skip a beat.

'Would you just calm down, it's only the first time a cute boy has held your hand since Kindergarten,' Tracy thinks.

After Mike finishes showing her around the school, they went to Tracy's locker.

"So that's the grand tour and Welcome again to Reefside High." He says sounding like a tour guide.

"Are you always this funny?" Tracy says trying not to giggle.

"Not all the time but that depends do you like funny guys?" He says.

"I love funny," Tracy says.

That moment many thoughts were running wild Tracy's brain keeps telling me to stop filtering with him and ask him out already. Another is why are California guys so much cuter than Michigan guys.

"Okay, Tracy well I guess I'll see you in class," he says.

"Yeah I'll see you in class," Tracy says.

Mike turns around and starts to walk away. Tracy waits till he turned the corner before she puts my things away in her locker and accidentally slams her finger in the door.

'Oh, man, that's smarts I'm glad that Mike didn't see that.' Tracy thinks.

Then four students and a science teacher walked up. One of the boys was carrying a small rubber soccer ball, another boy was carrying a laptop, and the thirds boy was carrying a sketch pad, and the girl had an acoustic guitar on her back.

"Smooth move newbie," the boy with the rubber soccer ball says.

"Conner! I'm sorry he never thinks before he speaks. Hi, I'm Kira. You've already met Conner. That's Ethan and Trent, last but not lease that's Doctor Oliver he's our Science teacher. You're Tracy, right?" the girl with the acoustic guitar in her back says.

"It's nice to meet everyone, and It's okay Kira I'll get used to being called newbie or hey you until I get used to this place but how did you know my name," Tracy says.

I saw you talking with Mike." Kira says.

"Yeah, he was showing me around. Dr. Oliver, I was wondering if Mike is in your class for first-period science?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, according to my attendance sheet," He says confidently.

"Great," Tracy says in a sarcastic tone.

"Now she has more chances to look stupid in front of Mike," Conner says with a devious smile.

"Conner!" Tracy yells back at him.

"Hey I just saying and it's pretty obvious that he like you," he says smiling.

"Really? There is no way a guy as nice as Mike would ever want to go out with someone like me anyway." Tracy says modestly.

"Come on guys. We need to get going," Dr. Oliver says.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want the teacher to give himself a tardy slip now would we," Tracy says jokingly.