54. complicated

Jonah's Pov

I held his tiny body in my arms, Lucy was holding the other. I stood besides the bed, his eyes were shut but he tiny fingers danced. There was a light knock on the door, "how are they?" Lucy's midwife steps in. Lucy smiles brightly "amazing" she hovered between the two of us "have you decided on names?" Lucy and I share a glance, she smiles "Oakley Ann" she writes the name down then looks at me, "Timothee Joelle" she smiles and writes it down again "you've got 2 more hours until dinner Lucy okay?" she nods and the woman walks towards the door, "oh and congrats on twins" she says, I laugh with a smile "thank you" Lucy looks up at me, still holding our beautiful baby daughter, the youngest of our bunch. She scoots over, and pats the bed with her free hand. I sit down, holding timothee still, she rests her head on my shoulder. I kiss the top of her head "you did it again" I say, she laughs lightly "you're amazing you know that baby? I love you so much" she kisses me shoulder "i love you more than you will ever understand"

●●●●●

4 months later..

Oakley was clapping as he brothers hollered gibberish, I sat between them. Oakley looked so much like Lucy, her eyes were the same color, and even her hair. Timothee had two different colored eyes, with cheeks full of freckles just like Oakley. Lucy was running around the living room as Bailee followed "get you, go get you" he squeals. "never!" Lucy jokes, Bailee would break into a fit of laughter and that was when Lucy stopped and tickled him causing him to laugh even more. Moments like these I couldn't help but take in every second of it, I find myself smiling silently. A few years ago I wouldn't have expected to be here, in this position, married to the love my my life with 3 bundles of joy who make everyday count. I would have never think I would even be ready for these big steps but I was and I had her by my side the entire time.

She looks up at me and smiles, and mouths "i love you" I crawl towards her and kiss her, "ew!" bailee exclaims, Oakley laughs clapping again. "want some kisses too!" I say, he screams and tackle him kissing his chubby cheeks, "Dada stop" he laughs uncontrollably, "your turn!" Lucy says, she held Oakley in one arm and timothee in the other kissing each of them over and over, the living room filled with their adorable laughter. Neptune sat observing us on the couch, and Chester sat besides him with his tail curled underneath him. bailee sat between the cat and dog and pet both of them as he fell asleep, Lucy send me a smile and picks him up carrying him too his bedroom. I got the twins and walked up the stairs behind her, I wait in the room for her. when she comes in, she scoops up timothee. We both sat down in a rocking chair, timothee couldn't fall asleep without Lucy, I've tried many times but he was a mommas boy. She rocked and began to hum as she held the bottle to his lips. I ran my hand over the side of Oakley face to help her fall asleep. Oakley was out fast but timothee wouldn't allow himself to fall asleep yet. I placed Oakley in bed and kisses her small head before walking over too Lucy. She was humming a familiar song but I couldn't put my finger on what exactly, timothees eyes became heavy. He had his small fingers wrapped around Lucy's ring finger, the finger that held the diamond she said "i do" too, I felt a pull on my heart. It wasn't a bad one, it was just a struck of sentimental value. Although she says all the time "the ring doesn't symbolise the love we have for each other" but seeing her, wearing it, as our second oldest child held onto her hit my heart strings. So many things we share, represent our love, our children, our home, our marriage, our memories, our past pain, it's ours. I was so deeply inlove with her, and i continue to fall for her deeper and deeper everyday. Love is forever, it just doesn't go away, it just grows and grows. It's infinite, never ending, even after we're gone, our children can share our love story to their children, and their children can share it with their children and it can just continue, giving our family a well structured love story that they can only hope to experience. I stare into her eyes, and she looks up from timothee, "what?" she says, "I'm so inlove with you" I breathe out, she reaches her hand out touching my face, her thumb brushes over my cheekbone "I'm so in love with you" she repeats, her thumb runs over my lips. I lean down kissing her, my kiss was full of love and passion, and hunger. She kisses me back, the kiss felt everlasting, it was only us. She pulls away, "go to the room" she says, I smile and oblige, I open our bedroom door, sitting down on my bed. I used to be afraid that I would never feel this way, as if I wasn't good enough for love or that I didn't deserve it. I believed I was incapable of loving someone else, or having someone else love me. And for years, I was stupid, not realising I was. And I had it, right in front of my face, but searched for it, girl after girl, not understanding that the girl who was my best friend for years, the girl who held me when I needed her, the girl who made me smile when I couldn't find the happiness I needed, she was there the whole time, right infront of my face. But even after the complicated love, the mixed signals, the constant pushing away, I finally excepted the fact she was the one, she was everything I ever wanted, she was everything I needed. I loved her before I even realised I did, I wanted her so bad but I never allowed myself to believe it. My love life was so complicated, and putting her into the mix made my whole life complicated but once I excepted my feelings everything clicked into place, the stars aligned. Everything made sense, the next chapters of my life needed her, and i got her. forever and always, Lucy. I will love you with every bone, every muscle, every fiber in me, I'm so in love with you.

💭

This is the END OMG

y'all don't even understand how much I loved writing this book, it was one of my favorites honestly. I would rewrite this book so many times, that's how much I loved it, it even made me love Jonah a lot more than I've expected haha.