3. happy birthday

Lucy's pov.

We sang happy birthday to Jonah and he blew out his candles. I smiled widely at him, we've been friends for almost two months and we're already best friends. I hug him "happy 14th Jonah" he smiles widely. "Thanks" I hand him his present and his eyes widen "you got me something? I told you not too" I cross my arms "well I wanted to, plus you deserve it" he opened it and pulled out a baseball glove. He smiled so much I could only believe how much his face hurts. "I decided you needed a new one" he smirked and looked around at the house full of people then back to me "let's go play" he whispers. He grabs my hand and pulls me outside. We take turn pitching and hitting the ball. I pitch the ball and accidently hit him in the arm "ow" he jokes. I rolled my eyes "shut up you big baby" he drops the bat and runs towards me throwing me over his shoulder "who's the big baby now!" He yells. I giggle "its still you baby Jo" he chuckles and whips me forward. "Lu-baby" he teases. I laid on the ground under neath the blanket of stars with Jonah hovering over me. "I like it when you say it" he smirks at me. He thinks I was just kidding but I really wasn't. My eyes left his and traveled to the sky. He falls down next to me and pressed himself the closest he could probably be. "Its so beautiful" I breathe out. He stays quiet. "Yea it is" I turn to him and turns to me "we should head in before people get suspicious" he chuckles. "Too late!" I hear Joel from the door. I clench my jaw. Jonah stands up and reaches his hand out for me. I take it and he pulls me up. Joel hasn't stopped picking on me about Jonah since the day we met. Before walking in I mumble to Joel "we're just friends, get over it" he rolls his eyes "so much sass" My mom smiles up at us and sends me a wink almost at the same time Mrs. Roth does to Jonah. "Jonah! Bro where'd ya go" Ethan hollers. Jonah sends me a smile before walking away with Ethan. Jonah was popular in school, I expected him to leave but he hasn't. And I hope he won't leave me in highschool. I sit down on the couch next to Paige. "Are you sure you don't like him?!" I do Paige but I'm not ready to tell anyone. "Yea I'm sure, how many times do I have to repeat that" she chuckles "until your wedding with him" I roll my eyes playfully "shut up Paige" she chuckles.