17. afterschool

Shawn met us at Jonah's house, he followed the two of us in. Of course Mrs. Roth introduced herself and asked us if we needed anything, we all decline politely but Jonah and I knew she'd be in a few with snacks and drinks. She always loved making food, so did Mr. Roth. It was just their thing.

"So how should we start?" Jonah say as he takes a seat on the floor. Shawn sat beside him and shrugged his shoulders. I groan and fall to the ground, the boys chuckle "come on lu, we gotta do this" I shut my eyes and shake my head "econ is soooo boring" I felt a hand pat my knee I knew it was Shawn's because Jonah doesn't pat, he grabs "come on Lucy" he says sweetly, his voice was enough for me to open my eyes. I look at him and he sticks out his bottom lip, Jonah used to do that too me now it's Shawn. I felt tension grow all of sudden but it was between Shawn and I. It was Jonah and us, I roll my eyes "fine" Shawn claps and pats Jonah's back. Jonah was firm, he wanted to hold his ground. Was he angry that he did that? Or was he angry that I listened to Shawn and not him?

"Are we doing a coffee shop?" Shawn asks as he pulls out his notebook. "yes" Jonah and I say in sync "jinx" I mumble, all of sudden Jonah wasn't in the mood. Shawn sensed it too.

Shawn's POV

I patted her thigh "come on Lucy" she stopped her pouting and looked up at me, I felt Jonah's eyes beating down on me, I was nervous but stuck out my lip pleading for Lucy to help. She rolled her eyes "fine". I'm not gonna lie Lucy is gorgeous and sweet even funny but I already sense the tension between her and Jonah. His eyes always found their way back to me, he wander but not with curious eyes, his eyes wander me to find all the places to hurt me.

Jonah's a good guy but I can sense the feelings he has for Lucy, he's just to afraid to express them. When he wasn't shooting daggers at me he sat admiring her gorgeous features, each time her hair fell from behind her and she put it back he looked at her. His face glowed, he seemed like he was walking the halls of heaven the way his face glowed. If he doesn't pick her up soon someone and by someone I mean me will come along and treat her like the way she deserves to be treated. She shouldn't wait for someone if Jonah doesn't think fast then she'll be gone before he even has a chance.

I wasn't only studying Jonah the entire time, I noticed the little things Lucy did too get Jonah's attention. She would lightly tap her pen and he would look or she would move a ligament and he'd turn to her. They were both playing games with each other, their feelings were mutual but both of them are too scared to admit it or even act on it.

I decided to break the ice "So do y'all like anyone?" Jonah stays quiet. "what do you mean by like" Lucy asks, I bit the inside of my cheek before answering "do you have a crush?" She giggles "crush sounds like we're 6th graders" we all laugh but Jonah still stays quiet "so do ya?" Lucy shakes her head and looks up at Jonah, they make eye contact and jonah shakes his head no "no because it's more then crush, more then a like like more then a love. Baby ima make you mine and I ain't given up" he sang, all three of us sing the song as he continues. (its from 'let it shine' idk when it came out and I'm too lazy to look up so deal with it (: )

Lucy's POV

We finished the project faster then any of us anticipated, we still had some free time to talk. Jonah and I got to know more about Shawn and Shawn got to know more about us. Shawn's life was more interesting then mine will ever be. Him and Jonah have a lot in common too, they both love to sing and sound good while doing it. Shawn moved all the way from Canada here, why would he leave such an amazing place? Well because he got famous in Canada and fans starting coming to his house so his family moved to Minnesota until it cools down.

Therefore Shawn won't be here long til he's heading back home but we're gonna make the time here last, Shawn is cool and different he's also so sweet and funny. There's a bonus to all that.. he's hot too. I tried my best to take Jonah out of my mind and replace that space with Shawn but Jonah just kept coming back. Shawn fell asleep besides me and sitting across from us Jonah sat glancing between the two of us.

Jonah's POV

I don't want to him thinking he can just take her from me. Don't get me wrong Shawn is dope but he's already flirting with Lucy, she isn't dating me but that doesn't mean he can sit here and torement me, I wish my head was in her lap not his. I wish she looked at me the way she does when he laughs. Does she like him? Why can't this just be happily ever after ending? Lucy started to fall asleep, once she was i picked her up and put her under my blanket. I laid myself down next to her as she snoozed, her eyelashes fluttered a couple of time but she still looked precious. I really did like her, it sucks to admit it but I've fallen for my best friend. I won't tell her until I know I'm ready to tell her, I have to make sure these butterflies aren't just from the moment and its the actual feeling I get around her.

3rd person pov

The three of them finished their project and all fell asleep around 7 Jonah's mother came into the bedroom waking them up for dinner, the three of them followed her down stairs and sat down at the kitchen table. Jonah father sparked up conversation with Shawn and they began talking about hockey, svea talked to Lucy about school and her chickens. Jonah and Esther jumped in here and there but mostly talked amust one another. Dinner went by fast and soon it was time for Shawn and Lucy to go home. "do you want me just to take you home Lucy?" Shawn asked, Lucy nodded and waved goodbye to Jonah's family and they waved back. Lucy hopped into the front seat next to Shawn. Shawn started the car and turned down the radio. Lucy showed him where her house was and he pulled into the driveway but before Lucy got out Shawn spoke "what's going on between you two?" Lucy turned towards Shawn with a confused face "me and who?" Shawn raised his eyebrow knowing they both know who he was talking about. Lucy sighed "nothing, we're just best friends. We've been friends for years" Shawn nodded but I only have believed what she said. "goodnight Lucy" she smiled and hopped out of the car "goodnight Shawn" they smiled and separated from one another. Lucy walked into her dark bedroom falling back onto her bed. She felt many different feelings only one of them she was for sure of. She liked Jonah more then she could ever like someone but she knew he would never feel the same, they were just best friends and nothing more. That one time was because they both needed it. She tried to take her mind off of Jonah and started thinking about Shawn. Shawn was handsome and sweet, funny and talented, she liked him but she liked Jonah more. She didn't know what to do so she took a deep breathe and promised to herself out loud "no matter how much you love him you need to forget about those feelings. You can't think about boys it's your senior year, it's time to focus on college. And only college" she sighed and begin to get ready for bed. Lucy wanted to think about college anf only college til the end of the year. And that's exactly how it was gonna be.

💭

I switched POV a lot in this so I'm sorry if you got confused, I also tried out 3rd person and idk how I feel about it yet.

Anywho I just wanted to make this little authors note to plug my Instagram, I have a fan account and the @ is dedicatedtowdw I'm almost at 1.7k so if you could follow me that would be dope ya know.

Also sorry for taking forever to update I'm lazy and also have writersblock, anyways hasta luego 👋