20. i do..

Lucy's POV

I got dressed into my black dress, it fell right above my knees revealing my tan legs. It was a simple cute dress and I'm not crazy on dresses but I liked this one. My mom helped we with my hair curling it while I put mascara on, my mom placed a few gemstones around my eyes to bring out the color. I look at myself in the mirror liking what i see, there was a knock on the door and Joel put his shoulders up making himself look scary, he opens the door "oh sup Jonah" Jonah nods and steps in "sup" Jonah looks at me in awe "do you like it?" I say spinning around, hw nodded and gulped "wow-" there was another knock on the door Jonah snapped out of his trans. Joel stared at Shawn as he stood in the doorway. Shawn was wearing the same tux as Jonah but Jonah looked hot Shawn looked adorable, oh boy what has happened? I think Jonah's hot ans Shawn cute, am I friend zoning Shawn and taking Jonah out of it? I clear my mind and walk across the room to Joel who was questioning Shawn "Joel chill" he took a step back and I hugged Shawn "geez so many people are protective over you" I chuckle and pull away from his hug, Shawn looked towards Shawn and I turned around. Jonah was hugging my mom, I smiled at them and turn to Joel hugging him tight "you're getting so big" he pretends to cry "you're just getting old" I joke, he squints his eyes at me I chuckle and he pulls me into another hug "have fun lubaby" I walked over to jonah and my mom hugging both of them "have fun you two" my mom hugs Shawn "you too love" she says before snapping a bunch of pictures of us. We walked out hip to hip, there was a small tension between the boys but I ignored it. We got into Jonah truck and he took ua to the school. we walked into the dim light lightning in the gym, people were dancing, grinding etc on one another. We pulled the boys to dance with me, they did I laughed at the moves Jonah was doing because he looked like a dumbass he laughed and grabbed me sounding me around.

Shawns pov

I watched him spin her around as she smiled, I liked her but I could see the feeling the both of them were ignoring. He pulled her in close and she smiled up at him, I thought they were gonna kiss but Lucy laid her head on his shoulder. I wished they'd stop ignoring that feeling you can see it in both of their faces, you're blind if you didn't. Lucy smiled at me and grabbed my hand spinning me around we all laugh, although I knew Lucy didn't feel the same I couldn't fight off the urge to kiss her. Maybe I could change her mind, maybe she'll like me back. I needed to wait for the right time.

As the night slowly came to an end, Jonah danced with her too the last slow song. I let him have it because I danced with her for other ones. A wave of jealousy washed over me when they held one another hands. They were perfect for each other, I was starting to think i shouldn't kiss her tonight. As the song ended everyone clapped, saying goodbye to each other we walked out. Jonah dropped us off at Lucy's house, I followed her to her front steps. She sat down on the dirty stairs not caring that she was wearing a dress. "tonight was fun" Lucy said looking up at the clear dark sky" I agreed looking up "it could of been better" she frowns slightly turning towards me, I leaned in slowly she didn't move at all. I hesitated before kissing her, she kissed back only for a few seconds. She stands up abruptly "i-i can't Shawn.. I'm sorry i- um" I knew this was gonna happen, she falls silent starring at the ground "it's fine, I shouldn't be trying to get in between you and Jonah" I stand up and walk past her "you're not, were just friends" I pause and turn towards her "Lucy don't lie to me" she doesn't say a word, she bites her bottom lip trying to find the words to say. "I'm not" she whispers, I take a step towards her "then why don't you want to kiss me" she takes a deep breath "because I don't like you like that" I nodded "because you have feelings for Jonah" she shakes her head trying to make the both of us believe she's right. "Lucy, stop lying to yourself, I can see it, the whole world can see it" she brushes her hair out of her face "I'm not!" She says again. I shake my head "you don't even believe yourself" I say, she shakes her head and falls to the ground her dress spreaded around her "I don't" she admits. She covers her face away from me, I knew she began to cry "lu-" I sat down in front of her pulling her into my arms. She didn't resist, she slowly stopped crying as I ran my fingers through her curls. "i- do" she pauses "I like him, I like my best friend" she admits, she shoved her face into my chest. "don't tell him" she weeps, I pat her head "I won't, promise" i whisper. The headlights of Jonah's truck beamed at us as he approached, Lucy quickly wiped her tears away she stood up and wiped her dress brushing off the dirt. Jonah parks and steps out "why were you guys on the ground?" I turn to him "we got lazy" Lucy nodded although she wiped away the tears it was still evident she was crying. Jonah glanced at Lucy and frowned "I'm gonna take Shawn home and I'll be back here okay" she nodded and turned off walking into her house. Jonah looked at me with a straight face "what did you do?" I shake my head "nothing" I say simply, Jonah takes a deep breath and turns away from me walking to his car. I got in the passenger seat and not a single word was said during our time. Jonah parked outside if my house and locked the doors "what. did. you. do" he said slowly pausing with every word. "I kissed her" he raised his eyebrow "you kissed her?" He wasn't mad anymore, I nod "yea.. then she told me she didn't like me like that" relief washed over him "why was she crying?" I unlock the door opening it "I promised her I wouldn't tell, so im not. thank you for the ride see you Monday" I hop out leaving him speechless. I quickly ran to my room to see if he left. After a few minutes he finally pulled away.

Jonah's POV

What was the promise? Why was she crying? Why was she keeping secrets from me? I sat parked by Shawn's house for a few minutes thinking before pulling off to Lucy's house. I pulled into her driveway and waited a few seconds to regain stability. I slowly walked up the stairs opening her door trying my best not to make a sound. I walk up the stairs and see the glow of light from her room, she stood by the mirror examining the bruise on her thigh. She smiled faintly at me thru the mirror, sadness was still on her face "you can change, that's probably very uncomfortable" I chuckle lowly and grab a pair if sweats I left here. I changed and sat on her bed next to her. I took her hand in mine, she pulled away a little but grabbed my hand. "can we talk?" She shakes her head and i continue "why were you crying?" She didn't look up at me instead she stares at our hands "i- I don't know" I knew she was lying she wanted to keep it secret, I wanted to know but I'm not gonna force her to tell me. "Wanna lay down?" She nods and let's go of my hand going underneath the covers. I lay down besides her and stare into her eyes, she stares and swallows hard "I love you" she whispers, i kiss her head "I love you too"

Lucy's POV

"I love you" I whisper, he kisses my head and i closse my eyes taking in the moment "I love you too". If only he knew what i meant, how I felt, what I want. I'll keep it secret for as long as possible, I shouldn't like him. Why can't I just like Shawn? I can't keep ignoring this but I'm going to, I'm going to until I feel like I must say something. Another tear falls from eyes and Jonah wipes it away, "lu?" He was concerned, "I'm fine, I'm just thinking" he swallows "about what?" I quickly come up with a lie but part of it was true "my future" I say, he nods. I hope he is my future, I can't live anyone else because my mind always goes back too him. Sometimes I replay the night we first kissed, it's a moment I never want to forget. Why is it so hard to say how I feel? I know I'm afraid too but I couldn't even tell Shawn it, but I just gave in, I wanted to finally admit it! I needed too holding something back like that is so hard. Jonah didn't fall asleep as fast as he usually did, i knew he was sitting for me too. He pulled me closer and rested his chin on my head, I closed my eyes and listen to his heartbeat. It oddly calmed my nerves, but him running his finger through my hair also helped. He sighed "Lucy?" I didn't know if I should respond "Jonah?" I whisper. "smile, you're gorgeous when you're happy" a smile spreads across my face. "there we go" he whispers, I roll my eyes ajd begin too fall asleep "goodnight Jonah" he kisses my head "goodnight love" he whispers.

💭

Do y'all ship lonah? Or jucy 😂 I'm trying my best to update all three of my books during my study hall everyday. It gets hard because I trt to keep it secret but I'm doing a good job..well I think so. anyways this book has over 500 reads so that's crazy, love yall♡