12. i missed u

Ive been home for a week now, Jonah ended up going on tour again he won't be back til after my birthday so we won't spend that together. Yay me!

Although I hated the trip in the beginning I ended up enjoying it, Sofia and summer we're pretty cool and they made me feel welcomed. I'm glad they weren't snobby bitches I expected them to be. They even taught me how to surf. I mean I don't know how much I'll surf, living in Minnesota and all. There's only lakes around us. But it was cool being somewhere tropical. Robert isn't all that bad but I don't want him to feel obligated to be my father, no one needs to be my father. I've been fine without him all these years. Why start now?

I stay slumped on my couch, my eyes begin to feel heavy as i struggled to keep them open the front door swings open causing me to jump. "IM HOME!" Joel yells. I sit up from the couch and run into his arms. I haven't seen him since Christmas. "JOEL" I yell. He wraps his arms around me squeezing me tightly. "Ah I've missed you lu" I pull away and smile at him and hug him again. "I missed you too" I say. He pinches my nose and steps aside revealing a girl about the same age as him.

"Lu this is Jade, Jade lucy" I take her hand and examine her. She had long chocolate brown hair with a bunch if tiny freckles on her face. Her green eyes glowed from the orange color from the sunset. Her smile was enough to kill someone but she didn't give off an evil vibe, she was sweet and warm hearted. "it's a pleasure to finally meet the little sister Joel's always talking about" I smirk "always?" I look up at Joel an he rolls his eyes and nudges my shoulder "shut up" I smile up at him, he winks at me. "So uh where's your bf?" I roll my eyes. "he's no-" he cut me off "sorry I mean where's your friend, that is a guy and that you're in love with" my jaw drops, and Jade giggles a little. "he's not here" he smirked "you didn't deny it" I sigh "because if I did Joel you'll continue talking about him. So I just gave up" he smiles and pats my head "yea sure lover girl" he brushes pasted me and I smile at Jade "So why him? He's an asshole" she giggles again. "I HEARD THAT LUCY!" Joel yelled from the kitchen. I laugh with Jade "Hes sweet" she says simply. I nod "when he wants to be" Joel re enters the room. "no I'm just not sweet towards you, I love Jade" he says sweetly, Jade's cheeks turn a dark shade of red. "I love you too Joel" a huge smile spreads across my face and it begins to hurt. I covered my face with my hands as I watch the both of them smile at one another.

He did it, he found someone who he really loved. Jade isn't new either although I haven't met her, my mom has. My mom met her Thanksgiving. I had Thanksgiving with Jonah and his family when my mom and Joel went to Jade's house. They've been together for a year now and I can already see they will last forever. Joel has been through so many relationships where they just used him and hurt him. He's been hurt a lot of times, I would hear him cry at night because he felt that he'd never find anyone. But he did, he found Jade. I can already see them getting married. I can see how happy the both of them are.

"why are you crying?" Joel asks me. I snap back into reality. "What?" I touch my cheeks and of course they were wet. He laughs "Lucy? What's wrong?" I look up at him then wrap my arms around him. "I'm happy for you" I whisper. He was firm at first then melted into my hug. He kissed the top of my head. "see I'm sweet to you too". I smile and mentally roll my eyes.

×

My mom came home late in the night and all four of us went out to dinner in a fancy restaurant, I wasn't used to such a fantasy place because we never had the money but Joel did so he took us all to dinner I really liked Jade she was sweet and funny and breathtakingly beautiful.

Joel leans over and whispers into my ear "I need your permission" I raise my eye brow and tilt my head "for what?" He nods over yo Jade who was talking to my mom about work and school. "to marry her" I felt my heart fall but the good kind of drop. "really?" His face face turned red and smiled as tears formed up in his eyes "I found the one lu" I smile and kiss his cheek "you have my permission" I say as a tear slipped from his eye. I wiped it away and watched him pull the small box out of his pocket, he took a deep breath.

"Jade.." he says catching both my mother and Jade's attention. Her bright smile helped him relax before he slid down on one knee. I was already crying with a big goofy grin on my face. Jade covers her mouth and my mother gasps. The attention of the whole restaurant was on him. "Jade this last year with you has made me possibly the happiest man in the entire world.." he took another deep breath his face glowed in the lights. "I want nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you" she began to crying silently. "Jade Anna Bell will you do me the honour of becoming my wife" she nodded "yes yes yes yes yes" she said he stands up as she does hugging her tightly the restaurant clapped and my mother and I stood up I finally looked at her and she was crying too.

We all hugged and many people walked to our table congratulating them. The rest of dinner and the night was listening to them plan and discuss their future. It made me happy to see him happy. That's all he's ever deserved, he took care of my mom and I when our father left, he's always been there and he always got his heart broken. But now he's happy and his gonna marry the girl that's he's in love with. I hope I could fine the one, I hope the love of my life will walk into the door. But it takes time, it won't happen until I'm older. And I don't think I'm even old enough to love yet or even know what it is. It takes time. And it will.

💭