30. tension;part2

Lucy's pov

I sat in my bay window watching the stars take over the night sky, the reception got smaller and smaller. Daniel left me an hour ago telling me he needed to do some things. A light knock almost makes me jump "come in" my voice was raspy from singing earlier. I didn't turn to them, I kept my eyes on the sky. "Hey" his voice was small, I sigh "hi" I was to scared to look at him, "I'm sorry" i kept my mouth shut, I wanted to say "you're always sorry" but I didn't have the energy to fight. When he realises Im not gonna answer he moves towards me sitting across from me, I keep my eyes on the sky. "You sounded amazing up there, although I wasn't there to see it all I heard enough to know it was an amazing performance" I nod, "thanks" I didn't want to give him the cold shoulder but I didn't want him to think I would accept his apology so easily. I do that too often and I told myself I would stop. Yes I'm being slightly overdramatic but he's done so many little things that ended up hurting me.

The room stays quiet, I close my eyes to try to distract myself from the awkward tension. "I know you're upset with me, and I totally understand that you don't want to talk to me" he sighed, he moved a little but I didn't know what he was doing because my eyes were still closed "I got you few things while I was touring, if you don't want them just let me know." He sets a bag next to me and stands up "You did amazing tonight and you look amazing, maybe we can talk tomorrow but we don't have to" I let out a shake breath and open my eyes "goodnight lucy, I love you" he waited for me to say something but nothing came out,  I struggled so much not to say it back but I have to keep my guard up. I see him nod and leave the room quietly, I turn to look at him. He was so handsome in his tux just from the back, I listened for the front door and look out my window waiting for him to walk by. He walks past with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground. I really hated he was sad because of me but I was doing this for myself. Although he looked handsome and sad in his tux I still held my ground.

I grab the bag tossing it on my bed before I changed into more comfortable clothing. I sat next to it and dumped it out on my bed, I look at the pile of miscellaneous objects. I pick up a pen and pulled the side where it says to pull and a little flag of Missouri comes out, I laugh at the weirdness of the gift and places it to the side. I grab a bag of cheese reading the packaging 'made in Wisconsin the best place for cheeseheads' I take a bite and was slightly amazed how good it tasted im not big on cheese but it was quite delicious.

My eyes land on the shiny golden chain and I pick it up between my fingers. There was a small charm on the end and I place it in the palm of my hand, it was a golden 'J' with little gems inside. I crack a small smile, it's crazy to me how many things he gets me that something a boyfriend would get his girlfriend. I debate rather or not to put it on for a few seconds before finally deciding to put it in my jewelry box. I go through the rest of the items before my mother and Robert say their goodbyes.