22. prom; part 1

Lucy's POV

I slip into my sleek black dress, it was a little tight on my hips but it made my curves pop. There was glitter on the top half, and the bottom was just a few layers of sheer fabrics. My hair was up in a braided bun and I had curls falling out around my head, I wrapped my red ribbon around and look at myself in the mirror Jonah appears in in my doorway, I smile at him looking at his outfit. He was wearing a basic black suit with a red tie and a rose in his pocket, he looked so good. I turn around and he had his mouth wide open "wow-" he said, I blushed and walked towards him, he was holding a red rose corsage in his hand. "you look jawdroppingly beautiful" he says, I blush even harder "you look jawdroppingly handsome" I chuckle, he smiles and kisses my hand "some on our moms want photos" we chuckle and walk down the stairs hand in hand, my mom takes what seems like a hundred photos of just us walking down the stairs.

"Momma" I laugh, she smiles wide and gestures for us to follow her outside. We follow behind and take our photos in the forest. Jonah places the rose on wrist as our moms snap pictures of us, after what felt like hours of taking photos we finally left for prom. The ride was little longer since we had to go to the fancy banquet in the city. The banquet was gorgeous, long chandeliers hung from the tall ceiling and a huge water fountain was centered. We waited in the lobby until they let us inside. Jonah holds my hand as our friends talk to us, for some reason it wasn't abnormal to me nor him. Shawn's eyes dart to our hands then to my eyes, he raises his eyebrow. I shrug and smile, he was confused but shrugged it off.

"So how long have you two been together?" Chelsea asks. I raise my eyebrow and Jonah turns to me with a confused look "uh us?" He asks, Chelsea nods but begins to seem unsure. "we aren't dating" I say, Chelsea gestures to our hands and Jonah let's go "i- uh- we do that a lot" a cold shiver washes over me. "Yeah we do" I say lowly, Shawn gulps looking into my eyes. I already know what he's thinking "they've been friends for so long they're so comfortable with one another" Jonah nods "yeah" I nod slowly and cross my arms over my chest, the cold shiver hasn't gone away. Sometimes I feel like Jonah gets embarrassed of me, and now I know for a fact the rest of tonight will be akward. He won't want to touch me because he doesn't want people to think we were together, it used to not be like that. He used to show me off like I was his girl even though I wasn't. Why is everything changing? I keep my gaze to the ground below me not making eye contact with anyone, Shawn and Jonah begin to talk and Chelsea was talking to one of her friends. I stood there in silence listening to the people around me conversations, everyone seemed so happy. I hear a couple telling each other they love them and a big part of me envied them, why did this, us have to be so confusing. there's no way this is a one sided thing, and if it is then im one dumb bitch.

When the doors finally open everyone poured into the huge dance floor. The room was light up in each corner with a link light, and there was a DJ and tables on one end of the room. the dj started playing music and some people started dancing and some say down at tables. I followed behind Jonah, Shawn and Chelsea. I had anxiety all of a sudden and didn't know if I even wanted to be here anymore. It wasn't Jonah's fault, it was really my own. It's my feelings that keep fucking things up, Jonah glances at me behind his shoulder I pretended to not be looking. His eyes stayed on me for a few seconds before turning back towards Shawn. The two rambled on about music and Chelsea was talking to her best friend. We sit down at a table and I separate myself from them and leave a chair between us. Shawn frowns at me and sigh standing up "excuse me, I'm gonna go to the restroom". The boys watch as I leave, I try to get out of the room as fast as possible. I walk into the bathroom and take a few deep breaths.  "Stop being over dramatic" I told myself, "you're thinking too much of it" I continued in my head. I lightly slap my face trying to 'wake myself up' the bathroom door opens causing me too jump. I pretend as though I wasn't scared and pretended to fix myself in the mirror. Chelsea's face appeared next to me, she frowns "are you okay?" I nod "yeah I'm fine" I lied. "Lucy.. I know what fine means, look I'm sorry if what I said is the cause of this-" I interrupt her "it's not you chels" I don't normally call her chels but everyone else does. I turn to her "it's just me I guess" she sighs "what's going on between you two?" I shake my head "nothing, we're just best friends" she nods slowly "and you want more." I gulp and keep my mouth shut, she pats my hand "don't worry, your secret is safe with me" I swallow hard and look at the ground. "come on, let's go have some fun. I know you can have fun without him" she grabs my hand and pulls me out of the bathroom.

She's was right I could have fun, I shouldn't let  him or my thoughts ruin my night. So we dance together for a 30 minutes before a song came on. Shawn and Jonah were by our sides in .3 seconds. Jonah offers me his hand, I hesitate before taking it. I rest my hands on his shoulders but not close to his neck, Jonah's hands rested on my hips touching part of my ass. We sway and I look around the room avoiding eye contact with Jonah. "I'm sorry" he mumbles, "I wasn't- I'm not trying to be a dueche" I don't say anything. "im not trying to ruin your night, I just- I don't like it when people assume we're dating" I swallow hard and feel my eyes start to water but I hold back "are you that embarrass of me?" My voice cracks. Jonah pauses "what? How would you assume that? I would never be, you're my best friend lu" I finally look at him, locking eyes "you seem to be. Everytime someone brings that up you act as though you'd never date me, like I'm a bad disease or something. Do you how much that hurts me and my self esteem?? You're my best friend yet you make me feel like shit when you do that" a tear slipped out and Jonah quickly wipes it away "luc I don't mean to make you feel that way, I would never do that on purpose! I love you too much to hurt you, I guess I just don't want people to think we're more than that" I take a deep breath "am I really that bad?" Jonah raises his eyebrows "where are you going with this Lucy?" The song ends and I shake my head "no where" I simply say before walking off the dance floor leaving jonah confused. I sit down at the table playing with the chain of my purse. Shawn sits down next to me and leans in close "what just happened?" I sigh "a lot" Shawn pushes the loose piece of hair behind my ear I tilt my head up a little "does he still not know?" I shrug "if he doesn't then he's pretty fucking clueless" Shawn chuckles a bit but snaps back to reality "I'm sorry, and i understand how you feel. Maybe one day he'll finally feel the same way or finally confess his feelings" I look back down a my chain "maybe" I mumble.

💭

Part 2 hopefully tomorrow!! Love u guys <3